Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

Students are no longer trusted and adults are always in the right. If a child's story isn't given consideration then a disservice is done to the child.

The staff is great. The teachers are hit or miss. They are constantly facing curriculum changes which make things difficult for them. The kindergarten team is great. However the new principal leaves A LOT to be desired. He has really changed the atmosphere of the school and not for the better. If I had a choice I would not send my child there.

Considering the student population, I feel the results are less than where they should be. Both of my children didn't feel comfortable there, even after several years. It is VERY loud at lunch. I wasn't happy and I have moved them to another school where they are much happier.

This school is amazing!!! I went there in K,2,3,4......But I'm in fifth and I moved.....I never had any problems when I was there........All the staff are very nice and easy to get along with

I attended this school starting in second grade and I absolutely loved it! The teachers were so interactive with our classes and i really had a great time there. Mrs.Haberline is the best principal like ever! I think she does a fine job at Central Elementary. She and Ms. Keenen, which has sadly moved on, helped me win the ark community award and i cant thank them enough. My education there has brought me far, enabeling me to be in the most advanced coarses possible in middle school, including high-school coarse classes in 6th grade. I would recommend this school to anybody because i just loved it soo much. I even still attend Author Artist Night to connect with my old teachers.

Love it. We have three children currently attending Central Elementary. In the last few years I have been able to volunteer often at the school, where I have seen the teachers and staff in action and I am so impressed. They go the extra mile, they take it personally and the children respond. The parent involvement is equally impressive and as a result the school offers so many unique programs and events. It is a great feeling to know you are sending your children off to a place where they will thrive.

This is an amazing school i love it here. Most of the teachers are young but they know what there doing. The principal is great she gets to know the students she knows all of there names when they go down the hall. There is very little bullying and if there is it is put to a stop immediately. If you have children and are moving to this area i highly recommend this fantastic school.

Our family absolutely loves this school! We moved back to this school district after having children so our little ones could go to the same schools we did. It is amazing how many people/couples I recognize from childhood who have moved across the state or moved across the country to come "back home" and enroll their children in their childhood school. My child is also in second grade this year, and I have been very impressed with the math and language arts programs. The advanced reading groups (no more "Open Court"!) and the M2 math program and T&G math has proven very challenging. While I agree that the curriculum in previous years wasn't as challenging as it could have been, I firmly believe that this was due to NCLB, not the quality of the teachers. Now that this school has been relieved (due to high test scores) from the whole Open Court system and requiring teachers in the same grades to be teaching exactly the same curriculum each day (another downfall of NCLB), the quality of the learning environment has improved. For a school with as many students as Central has, it maintains a "small town" feel.

My daughter is currently in second grade. I would echo one of the other parent's statements regarding the degree to which the curriculum challenges students. I am pleased with the language arts curriculum; I feel that my daughter is at or above comparable-aged students elsewhere. The math curriculum, on the other hand, has not challenged her since starting school 3 years ago. More needs to be done to add varying degrees of difficulty to challenge those students who grasp the curriculum without much effort. The school is a top-notch school otherwise with active involvement from teachers, parents, and volunteers alike. I would recommend CES to anyone thinking of moving into the district.

I have several children attending school at Central Elementary and find that the County curriculum is inadequate and not challenging. The math curriculum is absolutely poor, at least 2 grades behind where it should be, and worst of all the teachers know and acknowledge this. The county system cannot react to their "NEW" curriculum deficiencies and make changes due to its size and politics. The teachers and principal are dedicated to educational and student success and enjoy a VERY active PTA. Every parent we have spoken to who have children attending this school has the same comments without being provoked. Please suppliment the program quickly a student is only in each grade once and years are lost if not challenged.

Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.