Edgewater, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 03, 2013
Best school I've been to! The principles name is mrs.schou The first time I got there till filth grade I love Edgewater. The teachers rarely yell.they can be super fun. And I would give them a 18/20 because in after care in the summer they have no air condition so if you pick it wear a t-shirt most of the time. Also, the food offered at lunch is very fattening, unless you just eat the salad.

Edgewater Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2008
I used to go here. It is a great school! The recess equipment isn't very good but that doesn't matter. Education-wise this school is great. ( I love Mrs. Sutphin!!!)

Posted April 12, 2008
We are military and are moving soon, but have been here for three years. We have been very pleased with Edgewater Elementary's staff, educators, and principal. All have worked very hard in helping our daughter succeed. For example, our child was having difficulty reading, and we seriously considered enrolling her in a reading school. We discussed our concerns with the principal, and he asked us to first give the school a chance to teach her. We reluctantly took his advice, and we are so glad we did. With the principal's advice and the educators' hard work, our daughter is now reading on grade level and is doing great in school. I highly recommend Edgewater Elementary School. Tammy McBride

Posted November 28, 2007

Posted February 22, 2007
I was told several years ago that Edgewater was a 'lower rung' school. Edgewater has increasingly powered up their school, staff and programs. The top quality teachers/staff have pulled together with parents to incorporate tremendous benefits in all education and extra curricular activities. Our kids had difficulty at other public schools in Anne Arundel but have improved and tested much better at Edgewater. The ever increasing school rank tells it all! Thanks Edgewater!

Posted February 09, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006
I truly can thank every Staff member of Edgewater Elementary no there test scores are not that great but the bigger picture is my child and my child loves school and last year she had Mrs. Newton which was a true blessing she worked very hard to see the many different in each child in her class room and ran with it and as for the appearance of school yes they are lacking however don't let the appearance fool you they do their best with what they have so I truly thank everyone there for giving my child the skills and confidence as she has come a very long way thanks to their dedicated success and if more parents did there part at home then you to will find that your child is getting to exercise every level of their potential here ! Kristal Machado

Edgewater Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2006
We switched from private school to Edgewater Elementary and have been extremely pleased with the school. We had a second grader and a kindergartener and both had extremely talented and dedicated teachers. I never once heard 'I don't want to go to school' because they enjoyed every single day. We especially enjoyed the emphasis on reading for pleasure (our son's reading took off this year) and how Edgewater teaches the process of writing. We were impressed with the curriculum and the creativity of the teachers. Unfortunately, we are relocating and must leave the school. This is one of our big disappointments as we have had a truly great experience at Edgewater Elementary! The school has a great deal to offer.

Posted January 16, 2006

Posted January 19, 2005

Edgewater Elementary School
121 Washington Rd, Edgewater, MD  21037
Last modified Edgewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewater Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top