Posted December 06, 2011
I am a former student of this school, and although I am now in high school I still feel it may be useful to post my idea of this school. I remember Mayo Elementary as being a very safe, friendly school, I always felt happy there and I felt like the teachers really try to get to know their students. There are quite a few things for students to get involved in, for an elementary school. The student body always ends up being wonderful.

Posted April 02, 2010
This school and its faculty are amazing! We moved here last year from Virginia and made the tough decision to hold our son back for another year in Kindergarten. There were a number of reasons for this, but basically he's right on the age cusp (September birthday) and we decided to start him young. He did OK at his school in VA, but it was a half-day program and we were worried he wasn't ready for 1st grade. This has turned out to be a great decision! Mayo has full day Kindergarten which is better preparing him for 1st grade and his teacher is amazing! He was further along in his reading, writing and math by Christmas than he was at the end of the year at his previous school. We could not be happier with the School, the Faculty and the environment at Mayo Elementary!

Posted November 07, 2008
All 3 of our children have attended Mayo. Our youngest is in attendance now. What a great school for all 3. The accomodations are there for everyone to succeed. The parent volunteers are awesome, always there to support our teachers and our children. I love this school!!

Posted July 09, 2008
I love Mayo!! The teachers care so much for the kids at this school and the principal is so much fun. He is very involved. I agree with the previous poster about parent participation... you can not go to this school without seeing lots of parents volunteering daily. Both of our children attend Mayo & our son who has a movement disorder has been accomodated above and beyond my expectations. The teachers do an awesome job teaching the children (not just letting them slide by) but they also seem to really love the kids too.

Posted February 07, 2007
Mayo is an awesome school. The teachers take pride in everything they do and this is passed down to the children. Parent participation is so high that parents have to take turns. It's great having everyone involved.

Mayo Elementary School
1260 Mayo Ridge Rd, Edgewater, MD  21037
Last modified Mayo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayo Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top