Edgewood High School

Public | 9-12

Posted October 3, 2013

I am a sophomore at Edgewood High School and I think it's a great school. We do everything HARD! - work and play. I am on a sports team every season and I have a bunch of AP and Honors classes. I volunteer and both of the animal shelters in Harford County and so do a number of kids from Edgewood High School. The school makes sure we stay positively involved in things outside of school. All of my friends are great, too. GO RAMS!!

Posted October 3, 2013

I am an Edgewood High School Alumni. I remember really enjoying the theater and music programs present at Edgewood. Educator, Mr. Winfield, is still teaching and going strong today. He excels at taking a motley crew of students, a minimal budget, and a lot of hard work and creating an amazing show that Edgewood can be proud of. I have so many fond memories of participating in the music department as a student, and I am certain that students today are making so many more.

Posted October 3, 2013

I had the chance to go to other schools including private ones and I chose Edgewood; it's not just part of my community, but it's the best overall. We have the "tightest" colors - red, black, and white. We have the "tightest" mascot - the Ram and we have the "tightest" faculty, teachers and students - we're TIGHT! Go Rams!!!!!

Posted September 27, 2013

I am a former student of EHS (2012). I received a great education which allowed me to get into and do well at the college of my choice. EHS gave me plenty of opportunities to try out new things and learn leadership skills. I have friends from other schools who do not have the confidence to even try new things. I am grateful to my teachers at Edgewood High School for believing in me. I love Edgewood - GO RAMS!!!!!! - Former Student

Posted September 26, 2013

My son is a junior at Edgewood High School. He is a student-athlete. I love the way the teachers motivate him to excel - he takes Honors and AP courses which he would not have done without some prodding from his teachers. He works hard, maintains a B average in very difficult classes and is very happy with the school overall. In his earlier school years, he was at schools that did not have much diversity. So, the diversity of ethnicity and backgrounds is another aspect he really likes about the school and I like it too. Keep up the great work, EHS!!

Posted September 26, 2013

As a parent of three students who all currently attend Edgewood High School, I am very pleased with the quality of education they are receiving. They are challenged and motivated. What I really appreciate is the hope that my kids feel; I hear them discussing which colleges they will be attending and they are choosing "competitive" ones because they know they have the academic skills to compete - that's a good feeling for a parent. I also see that EHS is one of the well-balanced high schools in the county; there is something for every students' interests and talents. We have the IB Program, the Finance and Banking Program, Drama, Dance, and the Athletic Programs, just to name the most popular, but there's more. Edgewood could stand to improve when it comes to parent involvement at games and events. I usually see the same parents helping at all the different activities. Otherwise, Edgewood High School is a great school in a beautiful new building situated on a great campus - it doesn't get any better than that! Go Rams!!

Posted August 29, 2013

The school is great! Teachers really care about the students and my son loves it.

Posted August 1, 2013

I think the thing that people see is the rating of a 4, but you have to remember that the school has an international baccalaureate program and a regular high school degree program. The ib program takes the best and brightest of high school students and challenges the with college level work and programs from 9-12 grade. My daughter goes there and wouldn't transfer to any other school in the county. For the parents that are concerned.. Check the news you hear more about Bahs and Patterson mill in 2013 problems then Edgewood.

Posted July 15, 2011

I am and EHS Alumni and i am so very proud to be a former RAM. This school has produce so many great and successful people and does not receive the credit it is due. the new school has all of the lastest technology and resources it looks like my college campus. i encourage members of the community to form their own views of the school and not base their feelings on hearsay or the county newspaper. EHS is a wonderful school with a great sense of community.

Posted September 3, 2010

I do not care what others in the county say, this school is a great school. The teachers are wonderful and Ms. Santos is one of the best principals this school has had in years. She has made EHS do a complete turn-a-round. The new school is beautiful. I am so glad that E-wood finally got their new school and stadium.

Posted April 27, 2010

I bus my daughter to Edgewood High from Havre De Grace. She loves the school and the teachers. When we first considered busing our daughter to Edgewood we were concerned about her safety, there have been no issues and she feels very safe. We are looking forward to the opening of the new school next year. My daughter is in the International Baccalaureate program and is very excited about school and her future.

Posted April 16, 2009

My son attends EHS from abroad and the school and teachers have done everything possible to help him adjust. The teachers are passionate about their fields and truly care about the students.

Posted June 12, 2008

We are to be Juniors at Edgewood and it has always been a good schol to go to. Some people would say that it its full of criminals and what not, but the teachers and everyone are nice to us. The people that accually go here would tell you the same thing, but the people that only listen to the news are wrong. Since the news writes only about whats wrong about our school, they don't know the whole story. Truthfully, the people that give us the reputation is the new people that come from other schools starting stuff that gets in the news. ~Jessy, Morgan, Char~ '10'

Posted December 5, 2007

i also think that edgewood high school's reputation is very over exaggerated. my children go to edgewood high and they are very well round and good students. i think the faculty is doing a great job and go beyond their duty to protect and to teach our kids.

Posted December 4, 2007

People talk a down on Edgewood a lot, but it is actually a great school. It is a lot better than some of the other schools in the district. At this school the students and teachers are cool and let you be yourself and you still learn. One of our future presidents may come out of Edgewood. Alot of currently successful people already did. Don't get me wrong, Edgewood is definately not perfect, but it is an environment that feels like home. Many kids actually want to come to school everyday that goes to EHS, and some go to court to make it legal for them to go to Edgewood High and Edgewood Middle because they don't like the school that they live by. Also, some parents want their children to go there instead of the school that they are supposed to go to.

Posted September 15, 2007

My daughters graduated from EHS in 2004 and 2005. Both received a fantastic education and are having great success in college. I serve on the County Board of Education, and EHS comparies favorably with schools around the county and the State. If I had the chance I would absolutely choose to send my children to EHS again. The Principal and staff are very strong and they care about the students. EHS offers many advanced & AP courses; will begin an International Baccalaureate program next year, and is being completely rebuilt and will open as a brand spanking new building with the latest in design and technology in 2010. Activities from drama to music to sports are first rate, and provide many options. A local foundation provides scholarships for post-secondary education. EHS is a great place to prepare for the world after High School.

Posted September 5, 2007

I am just a little freshman at Edgewood High. At first I was very nervous about it. I attended Edgewood Middle with no problems, but still, people were saying that the high school was worse than the middle school. Do not believe a single thing you hear about Edgewood! The 'violence' people talk about is exaggerated and even untrue sometimes. Parents, do not be afraid of Edgewood. You can't get a better education anywhere else!

Posted September 25, 2006

I am a student at Edgewood High School and I think that our school's reputation is extremely exaggerated, there is nothing going on in Edgewood that isn't going on anywhere else. Our school is improving greatly by including more clubs and organizations; the academy of finance is unique to Edgewood, no other school in Harford County has it. The halls are certainly crowded, but its well worth it. Edgewood is the most diverse school I've eve been too, not only in ethnicity but also in talent and skill (sports, art, music, academics, school evolvement). Over half of our basketball team made principal's honor roll. I am proud to say that I am a student at Edgewood High.

Posted August 21, 2006

I graduated from Edgewood in 2002 and I just graduated from Transylvania University, a highly recommend and highly thought of school in 2006. I'm glad that I was able to attend Edgewood, it was the best experience of my life. There are so many diverse people and activities. I played three sports and was one of the top 30 in my class. The staff helped me to earn scholarships to attend college and fill out applications. I would recommend Edgewood High School to anyone and everyone!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 9, 2006

I am a former student of all the Edgewood schools.I graduated in 2002! I had lots of fun in Edgewood with friends and teachers.The teachers there are great, some of them anyway! The staff was always there for me when i needed them wheather it was for homework or just support pd. Thank you so much Edgewood High staff! Parents let you children go to Edgewood its not as bad as everyone says!
—Submitted by a former student

Grade level

Algebra

The state average for Algebra was 84% in 2013.

248 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 83% in 2013.

257 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 83% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Maryland used the Maryland High School Assessments (HSA) to test students in English 2, Algebra, and Biology upon completion of each course. The HSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. Students are required to pass the tests in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to pass the tests.

Source: Maryland State Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 43%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2415 Willoughby Beach Rd