Edgewood, MD
Students enrolled: 1,212

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a sophomore at Edgewood High School and I think it's a great school. We do everything HARD! - work and play. I am on a sports team every season and I have a bunch of AP and Honors classes. I volunteer and both of the animal shelters in Harford County and so do a number of kids from Edgewood High School. The school makes sure we stay positively involved in things outside of school. All of my friends are great, too. GO RAMS!!

Posted October 03, 2013
I am an Edgewood High School Alumni. I remember really enjoying the theater and music programs present at Edgewood. Educator, Mr. Winfield, is still teaching and going strong today. He excels at taking a motley crew of students, a minimal budget, and a lot of hard work and creating an amazing show that Edgewood can be proud of. I have so many fond memories of participating in the music department as a student, and I am certain that students today are making so many more.

Posted October 03, 2013
I had the chance to go to other schools including private ones and I chose Edgewood; it's not just part of my community, but it's the best overall. We have the "tightest" colors - red, black, and white. We have the "tightest" mascot - the Ram and we have the "tightest" faculty, teachers and students - we're TIGHT! Go Rams!!!!!

Posted September 27, 2013
I am a former student of EHS (2012). I received a great education which allowed me to get into and do well at the college of my choice. EHS gave me plenty of opportunities to try out new things and learn leadership skills. I have friends from other schools who do not have the confidence to even try new things. I am grateful to my teachers at Edgewood High School for believing in me. I love Edgewood - GO RAMS!!!!!! - Former Student

Posted September 26, 2013
My son is a junior at Edgewood High School. He is a student-athlete. I love the way the teachers motivate him to excel - he takes Honors and AP courses which he would not have done without some prodding from his teachers. He works hard, maintains a B average in very difficult classes and is very happy with the school overall. In his earlier school years, he was at schools that did not have much diversity. So, the diversity of ethnicity and backgrounds is another aspect he really likes about the school and I like it too. Keep up the great work, EHS!!

Posted September 26, 2013
As a parent of three students who all currently attend Edgewood High School, I am very pleased with the quality of education they are receiving. They are challenged and motivated. What I really appreciate is the hope that my kids feel; I hear them discussing which colleges they will be attending and they are choosing "competitive" ones because they know they have the academic skills to compete - that's a good feeling for a parent. I also see that EHS is one of the well-balanced high schools in the county; there is something for every students' interests and talents. We have the IB Program, the Finance and Banking Program, Drama, Dance, and the Athletic Programs, just to name the most popular, but there's more. Edgewood could stand to improve when it comes to parent involvement at games and events. I usually see the same parents helping at all the different activities. Otherwise, Edgewood High School is a great school in a beautiful new building situated on a great campus - it doesn't get any better than that! Go Rams!!

Posted August 29, 2013
The school is great! Teachers really care about the students and my son loves it.

Posted August 01, 2013
I think the thing that people see is the rating of a 4, but you have to remember that the school has an international baccalaureate program and a regular high school degree program. The ib program takes the best and brightest of high school students and challenges the with college level work and programs from 9-12 grade. My daughter goes there and wouldn't transfer to any other school in the county. For the parents that are concerned.. Check the news you hear more about Bahs and Patterson mill in 2013 problems then Edgewood.

Posted July 15, 2011
I am and EHS Alumni and i am so very proud to be a former RAM. This school has produce so many great and successful people and does not receive the credit it is due. the new school has all of the lastest technology and resources it looks like my college campus. i encourage members of the community to form their own views of the school and not base their feelings on hearsay or the county newspaper. EHS is a wonderful school with a great sense of community.

Edgewood High School 4

Posted September 03, 2010
I do not care what others in the county say, this school is a great school. The teachers are wonderful and Ms. Santos is one of the best principals this school has had in years. She has made EHS do a complete turn-a-round. The new school is beautiful. I am so glad that E-wood finally got their new school and stadium.

Edgewood High School
2415 Willoughby Beach Rd, Edgewood, MD  21040
Last modified Edgewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top