PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Great school!!! My kids started about 2 years ago and are in love with the school. The teachers are wondeful. The classical christian teaching is awesome. The curriculum is great and even i have learnt a bit of world history, latin, science helping my son prepare for the continuous assessments tests which makes the school very challenging. I will recoommend SSCCA to everyone I know, Ialready have 2 families start there based on my recommendations.

Amount of homework: Disagree

the kids get a lot of homework but thats good because it keeps them busy and their minds are occupied with important things instead of constantly on TV/Games etc.

Unless your child is the son or daughter of a staff member, don't expect anything special. There are many staff children there, including the headmaster's, and they were continually favored and treated differently than the other students during my child's years there. Latin and Logic serve no real purpose. The secretary is lazy and unwilling to help unless, again, your child is a staff child, E-mails were filled with typos and grammatically incorrect sentences, which speaks to the entire administration and staff.

St Stephen's Classical Christian Academy provides a phenomenal education from a staff of focused and committed people in a caring, genuine environment. We have 2 children attending SSCCA over the past 7 years and continually feel blessed to have found such a dedicated school to educate and guide our children not only in academics but also in solid Christian values and morals. The children are challenged yet supported and given individual attention by caring teachers. Both my children have blossomed at SSCCA and love school!

The teachers, staff and headmaster are genuinely concerned in the success and growth of each and every child. Although the curriculum is challenging, focus is also on scripture, wholesome values and learning and wanting to learn. I have had two boys enrolled for the past three years. One in the learning differences program and one in the regular program. My only regret is that we didn't enroll them years earlier.

Our daughter came to this school in 5th grade - we needed tutoring for her to integrate into the Classical Education model but we could not be happier. She was experiencing bullying and was becoming a social outcast in the public school. Here she had made good friends, The students are polite and well behaved and the teachers genuinely care about the kids. It is a bargain for the price of tuition. Plan to be involved with the faculty and fundraising to help keep the tuition affordable.

I have 3 children all enrolled at SSCCA and I have no regrets whatsoever. My kids are in both lower and upper school and I love the curriculum. They are taught under the guidance of the scriptures. The curriculum is rigorous and challenging. The tuition is affordable especially having all the three kids in a private school. The teachers are amazing and just wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better school.

This school is fantastic! My son started in Kindergarten and is now in the 2nd grade. Every teacher has been incredible. The amount he has learned, and how much he has grown, amazes me. As the negative review states below, they do not have many computers for middle school. If my son continued at SSCCA, a computer class elsewhere or at home would be suitable. They do actually have Science classes. Every middle school student I have met has been extraordinary. These are good kids. Really good and educated kids. That is much more important than a few new computers. This school helps mold remarkable children. I only wish they had a high school. I am very glad and feel blessed that we found out more about SSCCA and my son attends this great school.

I have been nothing but amazed by St. Stephens. Academically St. Stephens is top notch along with a teaching of moral values. If you are looking for a small school that focuses on academics and good values St. Stephens is that school.

SSCCA is a great school whose strengths far outweigh its weaknesses. We have 3 children at the Academy and have been there for 6 years. We appreciate the classical Christian curriculum, the teachers who teach for the love of God and the students, the dedicated staff, the commitment to teach children how to be learners, the strong integration of all subjects (e.g., how what was happening in history at a given time affected literature, etc.), Latin, the small class sizes and affordability. While I personally wish that there was more time in the curriculum for science, art, and music (these are offered on a rotating quarterly basis), the instruction that is given in these subjects is excellent. If you want your child to be truly cared for and taught rigorously, this is the place for you!

Last modified St Stephens Classical Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8