Bad
Good

Great school with great teachers and kids. Personally, I consider RBES better than the private schools. Teachers, kids and parents are well coordinating, which results in kids to be far advanced than other public and private schools. Phenomenal!

Rockburn is a great school with a solid foundation in learning - As a parent of three children going through the school (1 already completed) i feel like the experience has been positive, for the children, with great teacher parents response to questions, and an openness to suggestion . It is a safe environment that is challenging academically, and has great parent involvement too. As everywhere not every member of staff is 5 star, but easily 99% are. The principal is strong, open to listen and professional with sound experience in her field. The location of the school is also very good, with lots of nearby sport activities, some offered directly at the school. They offer a strong GT program, can be hard to grasp at first but i have learnt to just ask questions, and the school has been helpful to answer along the way.

My son has been going for three years and has had a pretty positive experience throughout. The curriculum focuses on challenging the student, so my son is always getting harder work as his knowledge grows. The principal (Mrs. Bauer) has been wonderful, is approachable and is always willing to address parent concerns. I love the community and parent involvement in the school is high, which I agree creates a better and more stable environment for our children to grow in.

No complaints. True there are new teachers but they are fresh with knowledge. Parent involvement is high which makes a huge difference, in my opinion.

This school has a very high turnover rate for teachers. My child has had a first year teacher 3 out of 4 years, only one of whom helped her make progress. The school focuses on mediocrity and does not help kids to excel once they meet the state's minimum standards.

We have had a mixed experience at this school. However, my standards are very high. We have had excellent teachers and inexperienced teachers at this school with correspondingly varying degrees of success for our child. The teachers seem to range from good to excellent depending on the grade level and specific teacher. We are looking forward to a new principal this year and consistently high standards at the school.

Our kindergartener has loved his first year at Rockburn! The school has a wonderful staff and support system. We look forward to next year.

We are in our 2nd year at RES and could not be happier. We have had excellent teachers which is so important in elementary school...all it takes is one bad teacher to ruin a child's love of school. The kids are challenged and the teacher's are so supportive and communicative with parents. My only complaint ( and it's a pretty important one) is that the there seems to be lack of security when picking up your child. No one has ever questioned me or asked for ID when I've picked my child up from school early or from after school clubs.

Last modified Rockburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.