Bad
Good

Posted December 03, 2014
Great school with great teachers and kids. Personally, I consider RBES better than the private schools. Teachers, kids and parents are well coordinating, which results in kids to be far advanced than other public and private schools. Phenomenal!

Posted November 05, 2014
Rockburn is a great school with a solid foundation in learning - As a parent of three children going through the school (1 already completed) i feel like the experience has been positive, for the children, with great teacher parents response to questions, and an openness to suggestion . It is a safe environment that is challenging academically, and has great parent involvement too. As everywhere not every member of staff is 5 star, but easily 99% are. The principal is strong, open to listen and professional with sound experience in her field. The location of the school is also very good, with lots of nearby sport activities, some offered directly at the school. They offer a strong GT program, can be hard to grasp at first but i have learnt to just ask questions, and the school has been helpful to answer along the way.

Posted April 14, 2012
My son has been going for three years and has had a pretty positive experience throughout. The curriculum focuses on challenging the student, so my son is always getting harder work as his knowledge grows. The principal (Mrs. Bauer) has been wonderful, is approachable and is always willing to address parent concerns. I love the community and parent involvement in the school is high, which I agree creates a better and more stable environment for our children to grow in.

Posted October 21, 2010
No complaints. True there are new teachers but they are fresh with knowledge. Parent involvement is high which makes a huge difference, in my opinion.

Rockburn Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2008
This school has a very high turnover rate for teachers. My child has had a first year teacher 3 out of 4 years, only one of whom helped her make progress. The school focuses on mediocrity and does not help kids to excel once they meet the state's minimum standards.

Posted August 13, 2008
We have had a mixed experience at this school. However, my standards are very high. We have had excellent teachers and inexperienced teachers at this school with correspondingly varying degrees of success for our child. The teachers seem to range from good to excellent depending on the grade level and specific teacher. We are looking forward to a new principal this year and consistently high standards at the school.

Posted March 13, 2008
Our kindergartener has loved his first year at Rockburn! The school has a wonderful staff and support system. We look forward to next year.

Posted March 05, 2007
We are in our 2nd year at RES and could not be happier. We have had excellent teachers which is so important in elementary school...all it takes is one bad teacher to ruin a child's love of school. The kids are challenged and the teacher's are so supportive and communicative with parents. My only complaint ( and it's a pretty important one) is that the there seems to be lack of security when picking up your child. No one has ever questioned me or asked for ID when I've picked my child up from school early or from after school clubs.

Posted July 17, 2004
I think that this school has offered a lot to my child they have help him with reading they put the time in to get him interested in reading and now more then ever that is what he wants to do the school took time and paid close attention to the struggles that my child had and made a solution for them I think that school is has had a great impact on my child.

Rockburn Elementary School
6145 Montgomery Rd, Elkridge, MD  21075
Last modified Rockburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.