Posted June 16, 2013
I have 2 kids at Deep Run we are currently moving because we have out grew our house. It is very hard to get into this top of the line school, so if you are considering moving to this school you better do it fast. The teachers are wonderful and you will never want to leave the school. I will greatly miss Deep Run.

Posted March 14, 2013
DRES is a phenomenal school with a wonderful, dedicated staff and exceptional leadership from the Principal and Vice Principal. My oldest daughter began attending DRES in 4th grade and quickly acclimated to the higher standard of learning after coming from another county where the curriculum wasn't as challenging. Now my youngest daughter is in K5 and is learning 1st grade/2nd grade math & reading concepts and was placed in an accelerated math class and reads on a 2nd grade level. All students are given the skills to learn new and challenging concepts while being encouraged to do their best even if they haven't quite grasped the concepts being taught. Truly an environment that embodies the core meaning of "No Child Left Behind". Sadly, redistricting will move my youngest to another school next year---another excellent school, mind you---however, the connections that our family have made with the staff over the last 3 years will be missed.

Posted March 13, 2013
My daughter is a first grader at DRES, about half way through the year, and her entire class (yes every student) is being taught at a second grade level for both math and reading. Some reading comprehension and math problems are third and fourth grade level. Almost the entire class has risen to one full grade level ahead, and those that are struggling with above grade skills are getting additional attention from the teacher. Math is being taught the way the Japanese teach math; i.e. counting groups of things instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 on fingers. My daughter's teacher is the team leader for first grade, and all first grade teachers are adopting the methods because of the amazing results with her students. My daughter is very happy. She draws p[ictures for Mrs. K and takes them in as a gift for her on Mondays. I'm very happy!

Posted September 27, 2011
my child is going to this school since 3 years, and pretty happy with my child's performance. I really appreiciate the quality of the education provided by the teachers.

Posted August 30, 2010
This is my child's third year in Deep Run and I cannot complain.I have had the greatest experience so far.The teachers are good,the principal is very commimted and even thou ghI think that my child needs more academic challenge ,overall I am vey happy with the school.

Deep Run Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Our family loves Deep Run Elementary. This school is very involved with its students and families all year long. Currently enjoying our second child at Deep Run

Posted March 23, 2010

Posted October 07, 2009

Deep Run Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2009
My daughter attends DRES. Last year the teachers were great but I had some problems with the way the adminstration handled things. I do however don't agree with the way the public schools in Howard County handle preschool. If you have a preschooler and make any money at all don't bother to put in an application for prek

Deep Run Elementary School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
My son attended this school. There are some good teachers there. The principal is not friendly or approachable. Would not send any of my children to this school again.

Deep Run Elementary School
6925 Old Waterloo Rd, Elkridge, MD  21075
Last modified Deep Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deep Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.