No rating

Trinity School

Private | PK-8 | 380 students

Trinity School is best known for teaching values and strong academics.

Living in Ellicott City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $351,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,400.

Posted April 17, 2014

Trinity is a very special place and all of it's students would agree! A two time Blue Ribbon School, Trinity is constantly in "growth mode." From iPads to learning about being internet savvy and from math challenges to band challenges Trinity covers the spectrum of millenial education. Technology notwithstanding Trinity's focus is on educating the whole child. Sports, music, art, drama, clubs of all flavors enhance the students experience. Trinity is full STEAM ahead. Service to the community is a priority one. Each grade has cultivated relationships with a variety of organizations and working together provide items needed make life easier for those in need. Trinity Tigers roar not only on the athletic field but in our own neighborhoods as well. The majority of our graduating students are selected by their first choice high schools. The Class of 2014 earned over $410,000.00 in scholarship money. Not bad for a class of 37 students! Trinity has it all and I encourage to check us out. Come see what a great school looks like!

Posted November 24, 2013

Our family has been at Trinity since our daughter, now a seventh grader, started Kindergarten. We selected Trinity for our daughter s education because we believed that she would get a quality education in an environment where the children would be challenged to be the best they could be and would be held to a standard of behavior that we felt was lacking in the public school system. Probably the best advice we got when selecting Trinity was that we should not expect perfection and that there would be years that a teacher might not be the best fit for our daughter. In our experience, we have found the faculty in both the primary and middle school to be excellent educators that truly care about the students and go above and beyond to help the children grow academically and spiritually. An added bonus for us has been the diversity at the school. Children of all faiths and cultural backgrounds are made to feel welcome and a part of the Trinity Family. I would highly recommend Trinity to a family looking for a quality education for their child.

Posted November 5, 2013

As a teacher at Trinity, I have many graduates come back to visit. All have told me that they are very well prepared for high school. These students have gone on to private and public high schools. I love being a part of the Trinity faculty. My colleagues are professional and creative. We all work very hard to make our lessons relevant to our students lives today. It is a blessing to be able to teach in an independent, Catholic school where we have a supportive administration and involved parents.

Posted November 5, 2013

We are in our secound year at Trinity after a miserable experience at another local elementary private school....I can't say enough good things about Trinity. The students are respected and taught in an academically challanging and loving manner. Our children are intelligent and challanged at their level by the work at school and projects at home. We have worked with the school administrators in a very positive manner for a great learning environment for our children. At no time did we feel singled out, or made to feel that our concern was not important nor were our children treated differently. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what we see on the inside are teachers who care about the children emotionally, academically and spiritually. Our teacher was more than willing to take her time to catch our children up where the other school had fallen short. As a parent I like how our children are held accountable for their school work, and classroom behavior as all the students are. Our experience has been exactly the environment and challange we were hoping for in a school.

Posted November 5, 2013

The Stanford 10 Standardized Testing scores show that Trinity students preparing to enter high school test approximately 32% higher than the national average and 12% higher than Archidiocese of Baltimore Catholic Schools. It appears that the empirical data would support the fact that they are more highly prepared for high shool than their peers. Trinity is a great school, and while a school may not be right for every child/family, Trinity has a long history of developing students of character and intelligence as they move on to high school. We have matriculated at Trinity for the past 4 years. We can compare it to other schools as our child is a transfer. Trinity provides a supportive environment that encourages the best academic effort from their students in order to achieve their maximum potential. The teachers are phenomenal and our child has made life long friends among his peers. I highly recommend Trinity to my friends and would encourage anyone looking for a terrific school environment for their child to come visit Trinity and experience it for yourself.

Posted November 5, 2013

We have been a Trinity Family for 11 years now and our children have loved everything about the school. The faculty are dedicated and caring, the academics are excellent, the diversity is wonderful and there are numerous extracurricular activities to choose from. Our oldest child is now in the 10th grade at a catholic high school and is doing extremely well in all honors and AP classes (due in part to the preparation at Trinity and also due to her strong work ethic and dedication to their studies). We highly recommend Trinity School.

Posted September 17, 2013

I feel like I need to be on a Shrinks coach reading all of this. But people are very passoinate about their children. As the parent of a 8th grader, I am afraid I just cannot recommend the school anymore. If our child had more than 1 year left, I think we would have made the move. The guideline for who they let in have become low. Children behave poorly but are often not held accountable. But if a child says one thing out of turn, then the child is vilified. While she is very nice, the counselor is far from a help. The same can be said for the head of the middle school. It is a shame. The academics are not strong enough and the kids have a rough awakening in high school. Home work for the sake of homework does not teach the kids how to study and learn. The one postive is they did finally let the 5th grade teacher go, though I don't know why it took so long, she was like that 4 years ago. They did so under such a veil of secracy though, not like 'family' that they portray themselves to be. Trinity has declined and we are happy that this is our last year.

Posted September 17, 2013

Our daughter graduated in the spring with a wonderful academic record. She was not and is not prepared for highschool. She stuggles everyday and is not off to a great year. She was a straight A student but cannot handle the workload at her current school? Public school kids have a better handle and are more prepared. We feel as though we wasted our money in regards to academics.

Posted August 7, 2013

In response to the complaints about the 5th grade teacher she is not returning to Trinity School for the 2013-2014 school year.

Posted August 7, 2013

Last year was my daughter's first year at Trinity School. She was in the 5th grade. While the fifth grade teacher referenced below was not the 'ideal' teacher, I have found similar teachers at three other schools my children have attended. It is unreasonable to believe that every teacher your child has will fit the 'perfect teacher mold' every parent has in the back of their mind. I have found the students and faculty to be warm, welcoming, insightful, and heartfelt. I cannot say enough positive things about the quality of education my daughter has received and the positive social atmosphere; which she flourished in last year. We will be there through 8th grade.

Posted July 3, 2013

I am the parent of a child who just left after 5th grade. There is a teacher who is absolutely horrible, the worst teacher I have ever come across ever - did I say ever?! Problem is she is for 2 subjects LA and SS. According the parents of older children - she has if anything, "gotten worse". My problem that she is allowed to continue to treat the students and parents in the same manner - no matter how many concerns have been addressed for however many years. All of us cannot be wrong! but all of our concerns are ignored. The school has failed the student by allowing her to continue in the same manner and they do not fullfill its mission. I do know that 2 other students did leave due to the teacher/school non-action. I agree with the below comments that 4th grade was the best - the teachers were amazing! Middle School does have some good teachers - a few great! In regards to student behavior - administration is not consistent with how they handle students. I do believe that if you have too many concerns you and your child are labled. I do think overall they believe if you ignore it, it will go away. I am sad to leave but know it is the best decision.

Posted June 17, 2013

My son started Trinity this past school year for 6th grade and his experience has been very positive. The small class environment has helped him excel academically and he actually enjoyed going to school! The curriculum will definitely provide a solid foundation for high school and I have found that the faculty is more than willing to work the students to help them achieve academic success. While no school is perfect, I am extremely satisfied with the education my son is receiving and recommend the school highly. Reading the recent negative comments really surprised me, because I can honestly say that my family did not experience any issues with the middle school teachers, in fact, I feel they made my son's transition to middle school a positive experience!.

Posted June 10, 2013

I am a parent looking at Trinity for 5th grade. Exactly what is it that makes the school so bad? I need some honest feedback before I spend 12,000 dollars!

Posted June 2, 2013

I highly recommend Trinity School. It is a warm, nurturing environment that recognizes the individual, their personal gifts and develops confidence and character in each student. Trinity also challenges each child to perform academically to their own highest standard with a equal focus on effort to performance. While these qualities on their own are enough to give Trinity School an excellent rating, it is only the beginning. What makes Trinity special is the community it affords not only the children, but the families, throughout their matriculation. Made of the administration, teachers, staff, students and parents, it is truly a Trinity Family. When entering the school midway through primary school we were welcomed with incredible warmth, and when experiencing challenges, our Trinity Family has rallied to support us. Not only has my son embraced the notion of the love of life long learning he/we have made life long friends in the process. We recognize that what our son has taken away from Trinity will be invaluable in his future as he continues his personal journey with a love learning as a person of quiet confidence and character.

Posted June 1, 2013

Trinity School has given my two sons a solid academic & spiritual foundation & has paved the way for their continued success in high school, college & adulthood. Trinity is a place rich in traditions that fosters a deep sense of community, spirituality, family values, love of learning and service to others. Trinity students are nurtured & developed to build a strong sense of intellectual curiosity and love of learning, as well as a strong sense of character and individuality. Each child is treated as a unique gift from God, with their own unique gifts, talents and qualities that they are to develop & share with the world to glorify God. They become proficient not only as strong, focused, respectful academic students, but also as positive, caring, conscientious & contributing members within their community. I have known many Trinity students over the years & I have repeatedly watched them blossom into intelligent, poised, polite, confident young adults who are very well-prepared for high school and who are a true joy to be around! They are very well-received when they apply to high schools & they often excel as leaders upon their arrival there. Trinity is a jewel & a blessing!

Posted May 28, 2013

My husband & I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Trinity. We have been a part of the Trinity family for over 7 years w/ our 3 children & I would not send them anywhere else. They have developed into independent, caring, & well-rounded students. The teachers care and nurture for each student individually. The use of the outdoor classroom has been such a nice addition to the school. Additionally, my children are enjoying & learning so much w/ the use of the new iPads. The teachers have adopted the use of the iPads into the teachings to help make it fun and keep the kids excited about learning. My children have also enjoyed the bonds they have created w/ their classmates thru some of the sports offered at the school - track, cross country & basketball. The schools teaching of faith & values are incorporated throughout the day & are not limited to the religion classes. Trinity is the place for you if you want your children to grow into beautiful, caring members of society as well as develop a love for learning. If I had the choice to make today on where to send them for school - I would still pick Trinity.

Posted May 13, 2013

If you don't complain and dont care how your kid is treated - this is the school for you. Once you complain, your child is singled out and the response from the school is less then friendly. Glad I found out now so I can pull my kids out before it gets too late. The most recent reviews are not good.. speaks volumes..

Posted May 4, 2013

Subpar Academics! Trinity Lifer but wish we had pulled our children. Second Grade and Fourth Grade were the best years and had the best teachers. Third Grade teachers are vindictive and target individual students. Middle school academics leaves students behind in high school especially in Math. Lots of homework "to prepare for high school" but not enough content. Most middle school teachers are more interested in controlling the students than in teaching them. Lots of bullying goes on in the middle school and administration doesn't care.

Posted February 10, 2013

Fantastic school! Academically challenging, with a safe, secluded authentic Catholic environment. Lots of parental involvement, and the teachers are the most qualified and caring we've encountered. Expensive, but worth every penny.

Posted January 15, 2013

Trinity was great - until 5th grade. The LA & SS teacher is horrible and the school does nothing about her. For years parents have been complaining and she has not changed a bit. She destoys kids confidence and does not seem to care. For some reason the school will not address any issues with her. Very, very disapointing that this one teacher is destroying a good school. We will not be returning next year.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 13% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
School psychologist
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • VFW Teacher of the Year (2008)
  • Howard County Woman of the Year (2011)
  • Healthy Howard (2013)

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Acceleration

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:15
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Sister Catherine Phelps, SND
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (410) 744-1225

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • STEM
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Outdoor learning lab
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Poetry
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school