PK-5|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for all the great reviews! We are honored to serve the families of St. John's. St. John's is a very special place made up by a community of teachers, parents, extended family, parishioners and more all dedicated to fostering the spark in every child. The best way to get to know us is to visit our beautiful campus. Attend one of our open houses, many events or call to schedule a private tour. All are welcome!
January 22, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our children had an outstanding educational experience at St Johns. It is a loving and caring community coupled with strong curriculum. I could not have hoped for a better outcome. The teachers are excellent and the school leadership is strong. Thank you St John's Parish Day School.

Supports LD students: Neutral

They do support children with learning issues, but they are not challenging the higher level children as much as they use to.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leader is not experienced and it shows in meetings and interactions (and lack of) with parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are responsive, but they are doing more than their fair share (no leadership).

Amount of homework: Neutral

Homework is okay. I know that it varies by grade. My child is not overloaded but often challenged.

The leadership at this school is lacking! The headmaster is "missing in action". She is there, but not seen. The teachers are working hard but you can tell they don't have a clear direction. When I ask questions many of them "toe the party line", but you can see that they are not happy. Many extra-curricular events are being cancelled. We are off to public next year since we are not getting what we are paying for here.

Everyday our son came home from school discussing what he learned that day. His teachers communication was excellent and we always knew what his school day consisted of.

St. John's provided my daughter a solid academic foundation within a loving and caring environment. The staff knew my daughter and fostered her strengths. We spent 7 years at this school and we found the lower school to be academically stimulating. My daughter entered an elite, private, Baltimore middle school well prepared and continuing her love of learning.

I can not say enough great things about the school. My daughter has made life time friendships with teacher, students and staff at SJPDS. This is a school where teacher care about your child's growth on all levels. My family has received a priceless education and experience.

Amount of homework: Agree

I'm very comfortable with the amount of homework the teachers provide. Our daughter is stimulated but not burnt out. It's a good balance.

Last modified St. Johns Parish Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5