PK-5|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for all the great reviews! We are honored to serve the families of St. John's. St. John's is a very special place made up by a community of teachers, parents, extended family, parishioners and more all dedicated to fostering the spark in every child. The best way to get to know us is to visit our beautiful campus. Attend one of our open houses, many events or call to schedule a private tour. All are welcome!
January 22, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted June 16, 2016
Everyday our son came home from school discussing what he learned that day. His teachers communication was excellent and we always knew what his school day consisted of.

St. Johns Parish Day School 3

Posted May 21, 2016
The teachers are fabulous. They work well together and challenge my children. They are what make the school great. Unfortunately the school lacks direction from the Head. She is not in touch with the parents and does not show up to school events. I have had many an email go unanswered. She should be greeting families and parents and welcoming them to the school. I drop my child off and pick them up everyday and often go into the school building to do this and it can be weeks between sightings. She has been "fully in charge" for 2 years now and the school is slowly going downhill.

Posted May 12, 2016
St. John's provided my daughter a solid academic foundation within a loving and caring environment. The staff knew my daughter and fostered her strengths. We spent 7 years at this school and we found the lower school to be academically stimulating. My daughter entered an elite, private, Baltimore middle school well prepared and continuing her love of learning.

Posted May 11, 2016
I can not say enough great things about the school. My daughter has made life time friendships with teacher, students and staff at SJPDS. This is a school where teacher care about your child's growth on all levels. My family has received a priceless education and experience.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 09, 2016
It's hard to pin point one person as it takes a village to run a school, but I am very impressed with the Head of School. She is very positive and very approachable. Not all schools can say that!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 09, 2016
I'm very comfortable with the amount of homework the teachers provide. Our daughter is stimulated but not burnt out. It's a good balance.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Yes, they give respect to their students and with that respect they set good examples. This allows their students to respect them as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
I definitely feel there is compassion and empathy for their students. Everyone from the Head of School down to the After Care staff. They are always caring and wanting to do more. They really are great!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Absolutely! I have only positive things to say about St. John's. I feel they were honest with me from the beginning and it's warm learning environment and diverse population proves it.

Posted May 09, 2016
This is our first year at St. John's and we are extremely pleased. I could not ask for a kinder staff and our daughter loves it! She is happy to go to school every day and comes home full of enthusiastic stories. She has always had strong math skills and not only has her love for math continued, but we have seen her confidence in reading grow which is so comforting.

9130 Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD  21042
Last modified St. Johns Parish Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5