Ellicott City, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted December 05, 2014
We adore this school! Our child has attended for two years now. The teachers are nurturing and attentive. They are responsive to parents and committed to working together for the well being of the children. The school is wonderfully diverse and the surrounding community is cohesive and supportive. The PTA is active. Most importantly, my child is happy and he loves going to school! I am so glad we made the choice to attend Bellows!

Posted August 19, 2013
My daughter has attended BSES for 3 years. Even when overcrowded, the school was well managed operationally - highly organized. I have attended lunches and been present for arrival/dismissal and am impressed by the how well the logistics of such a big school are handled. All of the teachers we have interacted with have been highly qualified and extremely committed. I appreciated the former principal for making tough decisions and standing by them when they are in the best interest of the students.

Bellows Spring Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2013
The teachers and staff at this school really care about the students. They work very hard to ensure they work with each child at their level. The administration is organized and effective in taking the right course of action when necessary. The school heavily encourages parent involvement and has many programs or activities throughout the school year to promote this initiative. My child has made great progress this school year. I am very pleased with this academic year.

Bellows Spring Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
This school has been stellar since my children arrived there two years ago (even with overcrowding!). Now with redistricting, my kids are moving to another school next year, so Bellows overcrowding issues will mitigated. My children are already sad they are leaving. The teachers keep my children challenged, encourage them to do their Bellows Best, and have been great with communicating with me about my children's progress. The counseling team is great. My son, who sometimes needs an extra push to get things done, has been mentored by the counseling staff on ways to improve his attention to stay on task, and he's improving. My kids have never had any issues with teachers playing favorites or being treated unfairly. My kids have had no issues with bullying (which is much different from their previous school!), and even typical kid arguments and shoving matches are dealt with care and common sense. The library and the computer lab are large for an elementary school, and kids are given ample time to use them. They have just an average level of after school activities, and they tend to be expensive. Parent involvement is slightly above average

Bellows Spring Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2013
BSES is an average quality school -- overall environment is positive with a lot of extra-curricular activities. Kids seem to have good time. The school is crowded though and there are some teachers that rather be doing something else...

Posted January 16, 2013
GREAT SCHOOL!!! We are a military family constantly moving around and are due to move this summer after being here for two years. I have two little boys who get excited about going to school and love their teachers. They are learning sooo much and the teachers are patient and dedicated. I've done my research to our next duty station and I hate that the schools are a downgrade! I almost want to stay here! Great Community, Parent involvement and School. I highly recommend this school and would rate it a 10!

Posted January 30, 2012
I really love this school and I do volunteer and visited at lunch time. I found it was organized however, my only complaint was that my daughter who is a kindergartener needed help opening something and it was difficult to get the helper's attention. My solution was to make everything as easy as possible for her and that has generally solved the problem. I think the core curriculum is a little confusing, but I feel as if my 5 year old is being challenged enough. My 8 year old who is in the 3rd grade has an excellent teacher. I think all of the teachers work very hard and are very competent . As parents, we are the primary ones responsible for our child's education. The school has all of the tools to help the children succeed. We have to do our part. I rate this school a 10, it is competitive and addresses all students needs.

Posted January 29, 2012
I totally disagree with "Average is More Like it". I absolutely love this school, the staff and the program as a whole. Our son is in the 5th grade and has attended Bellows since Kindergarten. We have stayed in this school district for so many reasons and so thankful that we have stayed here. Our sons math teacher is awesome and caring and stays in touch with any challenges or accomplishments he has had. The communication is wonderful and the communication has to be both ways. As a parent, if you are concerned about something, just ask the teacher

Bellows Spring Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2012
Average is more like it. The playground/play equipment is almost non-existant. The principal is hostile. They have unwaivering policies. Lunch is like a circus and the kids really don't know what is expected of them. The teachers are not very skilled, although they have a good time together. If your child has any issues, even minor - you are on your own. There are too many kids here and if your is unlucky - they will have a disjointed schedule and a classroom that is sparsely supplied.

Posted May 04, 2011
Bellows Spring elementary is a great school, with an excellent principal and exceptional teachers and support staff. My daughter went to this school for 3 years, and she had great teachers every year. We had to move out of the area, however we (and especially our daughter) still miss this school. I rate this school as a 10.

Bellows Spring Elementary School
8125 Old Stockbridge Dr, Ellicott City, MD  21043
Last modified Bellows Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellows Spring Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top