Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Overall, Veterans is a good school but it can be better. We have been at this school since it's inception and over the years, there have been positives and negatives. The most positive aspect of this school continues to be the exceptionally talented, intelligent, and caring principal. If it were not for this principal, we would have moved away from this area and chosen to go to a better elementary school. There are also a handful of teachers who stand out in having lasting positive effects in terms of building up the self-esteem and academic efforts of children. Unfortunately, there are some teachers who are not as invested in caring about the individual child's social and academic progress and instead, have reputations as being overly strict, unapproachable, biased and humorless. With the onset of common core, there seems to have developed, more negative attitudes and incompetencies among some teachers. The most negative aspect of this school, however, is the overcrowding. Our children had to endure several years of having limited access to the playground (e.g., can only walk on the blacktop), overly stringent lunchtime procedures and minimal oversight of bullying behaviors.

This school is a gem. It's filled with caring, dedicated teachers, a principal (Robert Bruce) who seems to be highly respected by his staff and by parents, and a diverse, well-rounded, engaged student body. The teachers and administration contribute to a fun atmosphere for the students. My children know that VES is a place to work hard and play hard. They have moved onto middle school without trouble. VES gave them a great foundation.

Amazingly awesome. Dedicated teachers. Smart students. Engaged administration. I can't say enough good things about this school. There are reasons that houses in this district cost so much!

I am a third grader here and I think this school is great. The teachers and staff are remarkably kind and each and every individual who works here seems willing to help any of us in any way possible. I actually enjoy coming to school because of the wonderful and positive atmosphere created by everyone. Thank you Veterans Elementary school for being here for me, and I think I speak on behalf of everyone.

This school is by far the worst educational facility I have aver witnessed. From screaming children going ballistic to horrible average test scores, this school is a wretched mess!

Such a wonderful learning community at Veterans Elementary School! My children have thrived with the support of quality staff members and a strong administrative team. We are very pleased with this school!

My daughter attends VES. The teachers are so supportive and she really seems to thrive there. The PTA is amazing!

I have my two kids studying in this schools. Teachers are Excellent. Principal is Excellent. Overall this is an Excellent School.

This school is excellent. My children have been attending Veterans since it opened in 2007. It is diverse, but the kids all seem to have a great time and get along, as kids tend to do. There is plenty of support services. The PTA is very active. The teachers I have met have been extremely enthusiastic about working here.

My children have been attending since Veterans Elementary School (VES) opened in 2007. Since its opening, the school has had a vastly diverse student population. The teachers, administration and PTA do a wonderful job raising cultural awareness by embracing the vast diversity. The teachers are dedicated and sincere in all of their efforts with the students. The administration is proactive and never let budget concerns cloud their mission focus. The PTA is very active and make a positive difference not only in the school, but also in the community with their charitable efforts. My oldest son will be graduating from VES this year. I can only hope that our experience at Dunloggin Middle School will be half as wonderful as it has been at VES. Thankfully, I will still be connected with VES since my youngest son has two more years there.

Last modified Veterans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.