Posted January 14, 2014
Towards the end of last summer, we bought a home, that is one third the size and ten time older than our previous home in Ellicott City, for the sole reason of being in the Burleigh Manor/Centennial HS district. After only four months of my daughter's attendance at Burleigh Manor, notwithstanding the hardships of moving from a large new house to a smaller and older house infested with problems, my wife and I, including our daughter, can safely say that we made the right decision.

Posted May 03, 2012
I am moving from NYC to Maryland and I did some research on the schools and found this is one of the best schools and am looking forward to going there this fall

Posted July 18, 2011
My first year at the school was this past year, 8th grade. This was my favorite school year in my life, no argument. The teachers are intelligent, funny, and genuinely care. This is a notable difference from other schools I have attended. The students that go to this school actually want to befriend you and they are (pretty much all) extremely kind and helpful. The classes are fun and make you want to go to school. Most of the kids want good grades and will often work extremely hard for it. I remember that at past schools I went to, there often wasn't that much motivation for the best grades. However, at Burleigh, there is a huge effort to achieve great grades and most work extremely hard to get them. I know that this year, I started to work hard because of the influence of those around me, and my work definitely paid off. The music program also takes you on great trips (Hershey Park and New York, for example) and that's also a lot of fun. All in all, there is a spirit and energy in the atmosphere of this school you can find nowhere else. I love & miss Burleigh, and I emphatically cherish the one year I was fortunate enough to spend here.

Posted April 26, 2011
The teachers are funny, nice, and smart. The classes are also fun. :D I really like the trips we get to go on, like New York City, and Hershey Park.

Posted February 13, 2011
We also recently moved to Howard County after several years of living overseas and we have been very happy with the academics and activities offered at Burleigh Manor. From the minute I made contact with the office staff and Mrs. Propert, the wonderful 6th grade counselor, I knew we were in the right place. Mrs. Propert was extremely encouraging and spent a lot time with us, ensuring that our son was placed in the right classes. I do agree that I wish Howard County offered foreign language options earlier than 7th grade, but that is county-wide, not just this school. This school has a wonderful diversity of students and a real culture of acceptance and achievement, things we were really looking for in a school. Our son is very happy there and so are we.

Burleigh Manor Middle School 1

Posted December 17, 2010
We recently arrived from an overseas and have been very disappointed with BMMS despite the good reviews. Our children have performed very well in international schools as well as at this school (both have straight A's). However, there is an over-reliance on online learning, way too much homework, much of which is busywork. The other disappointment with Howard Co schools is second language instruction is not offered until 7th grade. Our children have had 2nd and 3rd language instruction since Kindergarten. As a result, placement has been an issue. Our children have gone from loving school to dreading it. Even though we are in a transition year as returning expats, friends of ours who have returned to other areas within metro Wash, DC have not experienced similar problems.

Posted April 11, 2010
This school is the best. I'm in 6th grade and already made friends with almost half the school. Everyone in this school has something to be proud about! The student counsel of this school is awesome! They plan great activities such as dances and tournaments. Also the teachers are great. Some are strict, some are nice, and some are very funny. They all teach with great skill. If you are new to Howard County, try to enroll your child in this school!

Burleigh Manor Middle School 4

Posted January 31, 2010
I'm currently a 7th grader and this is my first year. During the summer my dad kept telling how wonderful this school was going to be and how much more I would learn. And I really must say he was right! I've made so many friends and most of the teachers are awesome! My favorite class is band with Mr. Brodie. The music programs are the best! I really do love this school.

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted November 25, 2009
I am currently an eighth grader and I have thoroughly enjoyed all three years at this school. If you do go to this school, I hope you get Mr. McGurl, he's the best science teacher ever. The other teachers are amazingly good too. There is never a dull day at Burleigh! I love this school and I am going to treasure and miss these days...:(

Burleigh Manor Middle School
4200 Centennial Ln, Ellicott City, MD  21042
Last modified Burleigh Manor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burleigh Manor Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.