Bad
Good

Posted October 07, 2015
Wonderful learning environment. Staff are exceptional. Kind and generous families make up the school community. Our kids are fortunate to attend this elementary school!

Posted April 02, 2014
We have 3 children attending Ilchester spanning the age range of the school. I am so impressed every day with how present the administration is (I see the Principal and Vice-Principal walking through the classrooms, talking to staff and students in the hallways, etc every single time I am there). With 3 kids and a total of 10 yrs in the school with at least one homeroom teacher and one math teacher per kid per year, we have experienced a large percentage of the teachers. All but one (who was still very good) have been truly exceptional, the kind of teachers you expect your kids to remember fondly their whole lives. It's telling that whenever there are open houses or events at the school, there are always a large number of kids from the middle and high school there visiting their old Ilchester teachers. Our kids happen all to be above-grade-level learners, but our next door neighbor has two children with autism who have significant cognitive, verbal, and social challenges, and she has nothing but praise for Ilchester as well. Everyone's needs are met here. The students are just lovely, and the community is too. You won't be disappointed with Ilchester. Welcome!!

Posted October 27, 2013
We moved from another county to Howard County so our children could attend public school. We have been so pleased with the school --- Principal Adelman and Mr. Norfolk, and staff are truly dedicated to the children and consistently strive to maintain open lines of communication. We could not have picked a better school for our children. They are cared for and encouraged to do their best. We also enjoy the diversity among the student body.

Ilchester Elementary School

Posted September 21, 2009
The teachers at Ilchester take a very personal interest in the students and that interest converts into students that feel the urgency to excel.

Posted August 24, 2007
My son studied 1st grade and moving to 2nd grade. Very good teachers and good syllabus. Parents involvement is needed to assist kids in their homework which is a good thing in child's career and development.

Posted May 29, 2007
Ilchester is providing my child with a wonderful education. These early education years will stay with him into the Middle School and High School years and are giving him such a strong foundation. We are so fortunate to attend Ilchester Elementary School.

Posted October 20, 2006
My son is in 1st Grade and I would say that this is an excellent school with lot of parent and teacher involvement. This is a great school

Ilchester Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2005
An excellent school for high achieving parents and students. Parents are required to spend time with children on homework.

Posted May 27, 2005
We have 2 children attending Ilchester and both have had the finest, most caring teachers. The parents very actively involved in the school. The students are challenged and most seem very motivated. Disciplinary problems are very rare. I doubt I could find a better school anywhere.

Ilchester Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2004
My daughter has attended kindergarten and first grade here. I like the school and the teachers but I do feel that the kindergarten classes are too over crowded and the students didn't get alot of individual attention. But that improved in the first grade. My daughter likes the school better this year and she has done well here.

Ilchester Elementary School
4981 Ilchester Rd, Ellicott City, MD  21043
Last modified Ilchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.