Posted June 12, 2015
Best School ever! I have a daughter in 11th grade and another graduatiing from 5th. We have been there for the last 11years. We have had the best experience here. The principal is great. SHe is very involved and see here anytime and everytime there is something going on in the school. She is pleasant and joy to talk to. We got back from a field trip at 10 pm and she was there in the parking lot waiting for us to make sure kids are all picked and safe. The Teachers are the best assett this school has. They are smart, sweet, enthusiatic, dedicated, always willing to help. Very well rounded school and community. My kids loved all the teachers including music, media,Art, etc. Parents are very involved as well. They care and listen. The more the kid wants to thrive, the teachers make it possible. My older daughter still loves to visit all her teachers from 1st grade onwards and its amazing how the teachers remember all their students. I will miss Hollifield as much as my kids will. Highly recommend this school.

Hollifield Station Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
I have to agree with another post, the school teachers are good but the administration is the worst I've ever seen. If your child has any kind of need, be prepared for them to have problems here. I too agree the school staff is biased and will suspend rather than support. I've never seen anything like this. My children are miserable.

Hollifield Station Elementary School 2

Posted December 23, 2013
The teachers are good, but the administration is terrible. The Principal, Asst. Principal, counselors are all biased and if your kid has problems, they will suspend versus work with you. One of the few elementary schools in Maryland that suspends elementary school children - disgraceful!! The teachers tend to be more caring and understanding. Avoid this school at all costs, it's not worth it. Got to St. John's or Veterans.

Hollifield Station Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2013
After my child transferred from another local but larger school, I thought the experience would be a good one (hence a smaller community school). For starters, the schools drop off and pick up is horrible leaving parents waiting in line for several minutes causing a huge inconvenience. The front office staff can be rude, less than accommodating, and provides poor customer service to the parents in and out of the building. They have some great teachers but also have teachers who are less than par and single out students based on race, etc; My child constantly receives paperwork home with not only grammatical errors but spelling errors, as well (with the principal's initials on it). I've tried to figure out why majority of the community sends their children to private schools or home schools them but I now know why. Next year my child will be attending private school for elementary. Steer clear of this school! I've spoken to several other parents with similar complaints. I encourage them to make it known regarding the school so that there isn't any bias.

Posted October 07, 2013
My daughter goes to this school. She needed extra support in the beginning. Mrs. Brusio and Mrs. Castelbaum have been extremely helpful. They both are great.

Posted April 02, 2013
My kids go to Hollifield Station Elementary school, this has great teachers, principal and not the least school nurse. My son has feeding issues and the nurses (School cluster Nurse - Sue Wilson & Rosa) here will take great care of him. My son goes to Kennedy Krieger Institute for feeding therapy and to our surprise the nurse also visited the institute to see how they are doing feeding therapy so that the nurse can do the same at school for quick improvement for my son. This was never expected by me as parent and i love the staff and never go out of this school region. Once again thank to Lisa Booth, my sons teachers Ms Bailey and Ms Dewind and nurses Rosa & Sue for their continuous support.

Posted January 10, 2013
This is, indeed, a truly great school. The teachers are inclusive, and take personal interest in your child's progress. Lisa Booth, the current Principal, knows every student by name, and how each is doing. The music program is exemplary. Aimee Winner is the current musical director. Every year they put on brilliant plays that are just a joy to watch, especially if you have a child participating. They have orchestra and band also. Additionally, they have an audition-based choir called the Station Singers, who have sung the anthem at Baltimore Orioles games. And the music students take a trip every year to the annual Music in the Parks festival at Hershey Park, PA. Social studies is also highly advanced. They do a mock Congressional Hearing - a simulation of an actual one - to get first-hand experience of how our government works. There is also a science fair for 4th and 5th graders. Students from the high school ask them about their projects and offer constructive feedback to mentor them.. Homework and exercises are challenging yet not excessive. Recess is sufficient to ensure adequate physical activity and there is an annual Field Day also. Highly recommended.

Posted July 23, 2012
I have a 19 year old as well as a 12 and 10 year olds,who all attended Hollifield. With our youngest starting the 5th grade we know we are going to truly miss Hollifield Station Elementary School. We have been more than pleased to have been apart of the school and the community for 15 years. The current principle has taken charge with few bumps in the road. Parents and grandparents in the community need to continue to support her in her efforts to exceed expectation with outstanding academic performance. She has lead the school to tap into the vast diversity and talent of all the students and parents. I have marvelled at the advanced programs and level of detail in all performances and programs given by the students. The talent particularly at this years science fair was spectatcular. The yearly International Day makes us be thankful to live in a place where there is truly diversity at all levels. We believe our community realizes it takes a villiage to raise a child.

Posted March 25, 2012
I think, this school is one the best schools of Howard County. We have extremely pleased with both the staff and the Principal. Can't ask for anything more from an Elementary School.

Posted August 25, 2010
I really really love this school. The teachers are very well knowledgeable and very friendly with the kids. My daughter has been going to this school for past 3 years and she loves every moment of her school life. I think this is one of the best schools in Howard County.

Hollifield Station Elementary School
8701 Stonehouse Dr, Ellicott City, MD  21043
Last modified Hollifield Station Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollifield Station Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top