Posted September 14, 2014
As I read some if the other reviews I wonder what school people are talking about. My son is a student at this school and he is flourishing. He is a three sport athlete and an honor student. His test scores are among the highest in the country. This school cares about individual students, meeting them where they are and helping them achieve their goals and reach their potential. It is a shame that people would say such things about a place that truly embodies what catholic education is all about. I can not think of a better place for my son!

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 1

Posted October 19, 2013
DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENT TO THIS SCHOOL!!! My student graduated from this school, and I could not believe the quickness, in which the quality of the school when down hill in the four years of attending. Things that are promoted to parents to get you to sign on the dotted line are not true. Send your student somewhere else.

Posted May 06, 2013
I'm not sure what the below review meant by saying the teachers are far from teaching morals much less education. This school has been the BEST school for all 3 of my children. My daughter is graduating this year and has a huge choice of great colleges thanks to this school. As for morals, this is one of the top priorities almost daily with this school. They thrive on instilling values and morals in their students. Everyone talks about how well behaved, respectable and giving my kids are. That is thanks to parenting and this school. This school is no comparison to a public school. One of my 3 children actually has a learning disability and in public school (with IEPs) she received D's and E's. Since being at OLMC, she has been thriving and receiving nothing but A's and B's. This school goes above and beyond for not only their students but the families as well. OLMC is like a 2nd family. My children love going to school. Their education that they are receiving is stellar to say the least. My family even went through some downfalls in the past year and this school did everything they could to show their support to us. Great school and family!

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School 1

Posted March 05, 2010
If you really care about values and education for your child and you are willing to pay tutition, then this school is not for you. The atomphere here is truely NO different than public schools. The teachers are far from knowing or trying to preach morals and let alone education. Just check their website, their test scores are far from average. Its pretty sad,makes you wonder if your just better off home-schooling...

Posted October 28, 2009
Great school, family atmosphere. Not snobby or overpriced. Older building but fantastic teachers with small class size.

Posted October 01, 2007
This is a wonderful school! It has small class sizes and a caring faculty. Everyone is so nice! The teachers help all of the students to be all that they can be. The athletic program is the best! The coaches are terrific! I highly recommend this school!

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School
1706 Old Eastern Avenue, Essex, MD  21221
Last modified Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top