Forestville, MD
Students enrolled: 2,112

Posted November 19, 2014
Suitland HS is a very good school, my only concerns are the safety for the students. The lack of communication between the administration and parents needs to change immediately!

Suitland High School 1

Posted December 20, 2013
Suitland high school's performance is based on "Leadership" from the top down and the Leadership is POOR; it's not the kids!!!!; the top administrators allow/accept poor performance from unqualified-uneducated teachers and place the blame on the kids. The school needs to be investigated.

Posted October 01, 2013
The school is a great school especially the International Baccalaureate (IB). Both of my son's are in this program and my oldest is applying to colleges and numerous University, which are willing for him to apply with reducing all entrance fees. He's doing well with a 3.79 grade point average, he enjoys school and he is a swimmer on the swim team. He's learning and taking advance courses, (math, chemistry, Spanish and English) more than he would in a non- IB school.

Posted November 08, 2011
I am a current parent of a freshman who is in the IB Programme, a cheerleader and maintains a 4.0. She comes from Mitchellville Maryland and I must say I LOVE SUITLAND. Despite all the NEGATIVE things that were told to me I sent her anyway based on my own research and her Middle School Counselors advice and that a new principal was coming in that would make a difference and turn things around. My daughter has met wonderful friends and teachers and so have I. Even though the drive is a little far it is worth sending my child to Suitland. The principal, teachers and administrators respond to emails and phone calls and that says a lot. I look forward to a GREAT 4 years at SUITLAND. If you are dedicated to your child and your child is dedicated to school you will get a successful student.

Posted August 20, 2011
I am a current parent of a High School senior, enrolled in the IB program at Suitland High School. I just had one daughter - class of 2011 - who graduated from the IB program, not only with her high school diploma and IB diploma but with high honors. I also have a sophomore in the IB program at Suitland. I truly believe in not only the IB program and what it can do for our children but also in the ability of the coordinator and teachers at Suitland. I believe that our kids can make it no matter where the go but they have to apply themselves and set high goals for themselves. We need to give honor where it is due and Suitland is a great school to be a part of. Parents - you need to get more involved and be a part of a truly great learning experience for our children. We CAN make this school one of the best in PG County and the State of Maryland. So let's go out there for SY2011-2012 and show our new principla that we are different and can make a difference for our children. Let's show the teachers and administrators that they have our support. Let's get more involved. Let's set high standards for all children. We can do it!

Suitland High School 3

Posted August 18, 2011
Reduce the number of students accepted in the Performing Arts Programs, Focus on students who live within the community, Office staff/Administrators training on office/communication skills, teachers take time with our students and clean up the school inside/out.

Suitland High School 0

Posted October 31, 2010
This is a great school, with an amazing performing arts program. The arts are essential with the combination of the sciences. Our future leaders are innovators and the arts help to culminate this. Suitland needs help to maintain its Arts Departments as well as Science Labs.

Posted October 27, 2010
Suitland offers a wide varity of choices when it comes to education. this allows students to get a chance to become familiar with their area of interest. Suitland also offers a wealth of activities. There is something for everyone. Suitland encourages families to become active in the day to day educational lives of students.

Posted November 05, 2009
I am a current Senior at Suitland High School andat the end of the day you get in what yo put in. If you allow people who allready knw that they are not going anywher nor doing anything with there life dictate what happens to you, you will fail in life just like them. I have enjoyed my learnng career at Suitland and i would not change a thing.

Posted July 23, 2009

Suitland High School
5200 Silver Hill Rd, Forestville, MD  20747
Last modified Suitland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Suitland High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top