Posted November 03, 2013
Both of my children graduated from BMHS. My son in 2006 and my daughter in 2008. My daughter went on to graduate from Howard University and is now a budding broadcast journalist working in radio. While my son did not finish college, he is working in banking and is a homeowner. He just finished his real estate classes and plans on combining his finance and real estate knowledge to pursue a career as a Real Estate Broker. BMHS gave both my children their foundation for success.

Posted October 09, 2011
I adore McNamara. My sister & I both graduated from here & are doing very well, as are my other friends who have attended this school. The teachers care & the environment is like a family. Yes, sometimes the rules are too strict, but you still have fun. When I went to college, I was one of the few who actually knew how to study & write a paper because of McNamara. Yes, Catholic tuition is expensive but they go out of their way to make sure you are able to afford them through grants & scholarships. Take advantage of the fine arts here, they are outstanding! Sports are being built up as well but their division is one of the toughest in the nation. Bishop McNamara is an excellent school & I would send my own children as well as recommend it to anyone I know.

Bishop Mcnamara High School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
BMHS is a fantastic school!!!!! Their policies and procedures adhere to the safety and respect for each student! BMHS has strong disciplinary policies which are needed in a high school! As a parent, I value and commend these policies. These policies and procedures create caring and responsible young men and women at the end of their four years! This is a wonderful College Prep high school that prepares students to move on to major Universities and Ivy League schools well educated and with confidence. I have a sophomore who is currently in the top 10% of the class of 2013. She loves BMHS!!! From the minute she arrived, BMHS opened their arms and made her feel comfortable. It is truly Family! All of the faculty members have their student s best interest in mind. They strive to make sure that all students obtain what is needed to be successful. The main glue to this successful school is the President of BMHS. He is wonderful! He is amazing with the students and knows the majority of his students and parents by name!!!! He is committed to higher education for BMHS.

Bishop Mcnamara High School 1

Posted October 25, 2010
This school is disgusting. Their practices and policies are an outrage. I would never, ever send a child of mine to this dishonorable place.

Bishop Mcnamara High School 0

Posted October 28, 2009
BMHS is an excellent high school due to great teachers and administrators who consistently deliver a well rounded education to each child. The environment is high achieving while full of heart. The school has wonderful extracurriculars and the best spirit around. The music program is dynamic and renowned. My children are challenged and supported and they love going to school each day.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted July 23, 2009
Children are safe here. I have never experienced a school were every child is happy and proud about their school. Great academic atmosphere for learning. Incredible leadership team running this school.

Bishop Mcnamara High School 0

Posted December 12, 2008
My daughters, classes of 2006 and 2008, though they didn't graduate from there because we were transferred overseas, owe their success in college to the outstanding preparation they received at BMHS. Caring, knowledgeable teachers and wonderful dance, music, and theater programs as well as a wide variety of extra-curriculars.

Bishop Mcnamara High School 2

Posted October 31, 2007

Posted August 19, 2007
This school truly cares about its students and their potential. All students are welcome with open arms and open hearts and encouraged to be their best, no matter what their interests or capabilities. Excellent leadership and teacher caring are what makes this high school GREAT!

Bishop Mcnamara High School
6800 Marlboro Pike, Forestville, MD  20747
Last modified Bishop Mcnamara High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Mcnamara High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top