Forestville, MD

Posted November 07, 2014
I'm so glad i'm out this school. I've been a student a Samuel p massie for 10 years. As a student it was very hard. The teachers didn't give me help that i needed, they judged me and others, I was bullied a lot , and had so many problems with other kids and the principal did nothing but talk about the situation and let it go but things got worse ,Then some teachers and the principal had favoritism for the bullies because they liked their character or the way they are. Theres lot of fights after school and in school, I felt like teachers don't care they cursed and make fun of others and tell students personal business.Some of the teachers were nice and caring and helped me but not most of them.The events and talent shows and pep rallies and field trips are fun but everything else i didn't like.The school needs new teachers and a better principal and a better security.

Samuel P. Massie Academy 5

Posted October 04, 2014
Samuel P. Massie Academy was an excellent school and enjoyable learning environment. I'll never forget the many relationships I made with the staff and students of the academy. I was a student of Massie from Kindergarten to 5th grade and own my success to the school. The teachers greatly care for the education of the students and assist them in reaching their true potential. They allow students to feel comfortable enough to come out of their shells and really become involved in their studies. I've become a better student and person due to their tremendous educational system, taking highschool math and science classes and ap human geography courses as an eighth grader. The preforming arts were also very exceptional; the talents of students never being ignored. It was a truly delightful experience.

Samuel P. Massie Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2014
I love this school. I feel as though that my son has leaned a a lot since he has been here. He has improved his language and math skills and I feel as though the teachers are doing a great job. The staff there are very nice and pleasant.

Posted June 04, 2014
I am going to make it simple. THIS SCHOOL SUCKS! And I blame everything on the principal because she is the face of the school. They are not about giving your child a good education. The school is basicly a holding zone that pushes and suspends children like crazy. If you have a school in a not so good community than you need a school that is a good one with good teachers that want to help and care. Meaning that you do not keep punishing a student without trying to understand the why or pushing really hard to understand from the parents why. It could due to the environment or upbringing...my point is that a teacher will need to find out. The community where the school is located is not the best so it does not help by suspending a child from school back into the There needs to be classes provided by the school to address and meet with the parents of the community so everyone can be on one accord. Yes, every school is not the same but every child and area is not the same either. Some schools will need to work harder at that. Understand your audience before performing on the floor.

Posted March 03, 2014
This is my child's second year at this school. And I must say I'm extremely disappointed. Please note that I've had experience with Charles county and fairfax county public schools. Compared to the other schools Samuel Massie is below sub par. Teaching staff has a high turnover rate ( my child had 3 teachers in 5 th grade before the end if the 1st qtr)administrative/teaching staff are not helpful in person or over the phone. Kids aren't guided off the school grounds safely. They aren't required to read nightly and homework is minimal. Unless there's school wide testing coming up. Even school registration was an extreme hassle. It's a terrible disservice to have to send your children here. I cannot wait to be able to move to another area.

Posted October 05, 2011
This is my son's third year attending Samuel Massie Academy. The district, the administrators, and the teachers should be ashamed at themselves at the level of education they are providing these children, but unfortunately they are not. Everytime I have a question for anyone at this school, they are immediately defensive, they don't provide you with answers to any of your questions, a lot of the teachers and staff at this school are very confrontational and inexperienced. They treat the children as if they are in jail (Silent Lunches, No Recess, etc.) and then complain and send home "Consequence Sheets" every signle time the child opens there mouth and says anything(what do you expect, they are children). They release your children to anyone, they don't check ID's, they don't ensure that the kid is safely on the bus or off school grounds. They are extremely unprofessional! They do not teach, point blank period. My son learns more at home then he does at school, and if I could afford to sit home and homeschool him I would. I have my son read for 20mins each day, and my sons 4th grade teacher sent a note home by my son telling me that he doesnt have to read when he gets home (WHAT!)

Samuel P. Massie Academy 5

Posted March 31, 2009

Samuel P. Massie Academy 4

Posted October 04, 2008

Posted April 18, 2008
Massie, is a school of uncaring, unfocused and unorganized staff. A lot of the students are bullies and the staff so wrapped up in personal business does not care about the children on or off of the playground. The principal does not care about the children just the status of the school, Mr. Salim does not handle the matters of children safety until the situation is completely out of hand. Extracurricular Activities are well after school hours and no one is around to ensure safety of the children especially the ones walking. However my main focus is the Safety and Dicipline of the students there is none which does not make a condusive learning enviornment

Posted February 13, 2008

Samuel P. Massie Academy
3301 Regency Parkway, Forestville, MD  20747
Last modified Samuel P. Massie Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Samuel P. Massie Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top