Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

The staff don't pl reactive the same Mrs Terry.....just makes my stomach turn. Change of command is due.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Again, it depends on which teacher and which type of student they are. If they're special needs then there is no hope. The TA's are a joke as well. There needs to be training and they aren't getting the training they're required to have every year. Mrs. Terry doesn't make them do it.

I will say my daughters teacher was amazing. Mrs. Chambers is one of the most amazing teachers anyone will ever meet. She cares about her students. I had a chance to walk the school a few times and noticed the special education students were treated horribly. They're called names and made fun of, by TEACHERS! The principal is nice but depends on who she's talking to at the time. She has her favorites and if she doesn't like you she will treat you badly. She's very vindictive and will make you feel unwelcomed. One of the 5th grade teachers are rude and accuse the students of stealing. She is always yelling at her students. Overall the only thing nice about the school is Mrs. Chambers and the front office secretary, whom left this past year due to how badly she was treated.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers shouldn't be yelling and accusing students of doing wrong. They are suppose to guide them and help them. The special education within this school scares me. If someone has a child there I'd strongly recommend getting them pulled out. The principal doesn't even understand the concept of an IEP.

This is my youngest child's first year at PHES and they are in the first grade. We have two more years in this school at least and I am very excited about it! The principal is amazing and the staff seem to get along! The classroom is a fun place to be (I know because I volunteer) and my child now comes home and reads on their own! Thank you PHES!!

This school is horrible. Nasty environment which Uncle Sam says is fine. The lack of education taught here is shameful.

We are a military family and our oldest daughter attended here from 1st through 3rd grade. She had fantastic teachers and most of the staff is great. The only poor choice was the principal, however the vice-principal was FANTASTIC. The students are held accountable and the parents that volunteer at the school are also good. There are plenty of parents at this school that bring down the atmosphere and want to complain when their child is at fault. As a parent volunteer, I have seen that many times. This is a fantastic school and Ft Meade is lucky to have it on post.

The only reason my child has continued at this school as long as they did is because of the great teacher and instrument program. However, my child will now be home schooled. The students are constantly yelled at. The lunchroom feels like a prison and often the kids are punished for it being too loud when it actually isn't. Poor staffing choices, a lack of communication, failure to do what was promised, and no self-accountability.

We just transferred to this school. The staff and students have been unhelpful and rude to my daughter. She has complained about the lack of discipline in the classroom and that certain students can do whatever they want. Being new she still doesn't know all the rules (she's been there 5 days) and was made to sit on the stage by herself and eat her lunch in front of all the other 5th graders because she didn't see the talking light turn red. To top it off her teacher told another student to sit their a$$ down yesterday. My normally happy go lucky daughter has come home crying almost everyday. This is NOT her first time being at a new school but this is the first time she has had a problem. I would have thought being a base school would have made this transition easier for her but that has not been the case.

My sister and I went here as kids, and the school was ok. There was ALOT of bullying for me. And I don't remember if teachers noticed. I went here from '03-'05. The classes were good, and the teachers were friendly, but really, the students (who are now out of high school) who were in my classes were jerks. So really, my rating isn't really about the education or staff, more along the lines of students.

Last modified Pershing Hill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.