Fort Meade, MD
Students enrolled: 1,166
Before care: Yes

Posted October 25, 2014
MacArthur is a wonderful school and my son is flourishing wonderfully in 6th! I must admit I was adamant that he was NOT going to attend MacArthur middle school if I had anything to do with it! But he wanted to attend and I said I would give it a chance. He is so focused on his grades, his teachers are great. When I reach out they respond right away, the new principal is wonderful and the 6th grade principal rocks!! If you have questions or any type of concern he is on it!! I love that!! My son is making A's and B's he's and athlete has great friends in MacArthur and is focused on what he needs to do. I won't lie the work seems challenging for 6th graders, more than what I remember in 6th grade but that is good. I can't really say enough about how I was wrong about my first thoughts of this school listening to people's reviews from the past reputation it had. Great things are happening at MacArthur!!

Posted October 24, 2014
BEST SCHOOL EVER! With a new principal, MacArthur Middle School has been the most exciting year of my life. Just starting 6th grade in a new school, with new people, it was hard to adjust to. But with the help of awesome teachers, like the ones in the Towson Tigers team, they helped us become a great student. I am looking forward to the rest of my 3 years in middle school to be the best. Ones that I could have not have made in any other school. We have fun incentives , like pep-rallies, dances, and days we can wear hats, crazy looking socks, and more!

Posted June 22, 2014
I am military and my daughter attended this school for two years. From what I have seen from the school in regards to my child and a friend's child, the teacher's favor non-military children quite heavily. My friend's child said that the teacher said something to the effect that military children have it much better than the other children from offbase so this teacher said that they would give them "help" with their grades. In essence, give them a better grade regardless of their actual performance. This particular child worked very hard to have good grades - and was given "D"s and "E"s routinely. Only after going back to the teacher for a review of the work was an "A" or "B" given. Military children are also a minority here and targeted for bullying by those from offbase. My own daughter, who is very quite and carefree, had her head smashed into a locker and a lock of her hair taken right off her head with scissors. I believe that it is important for a classroom to have diversity if children are to learn from one another. Kids from offbase help to accomplish that. This school, however, is failing to provide a safe and fair learning environment for all the children they teach.

Macarthur Middle School 3

Posted June 06, 2014
Check out some great news about the involvement of MacArthur students in an interdisciplinary project! http://www.aacps.org/axis/currentaxis.pdf

Posted May 03, 2014
School can use some updating but my experience so far with the staff and students have been pleasant. The students I've encountered have been articulate and friendly the staff has been helpful and responsive. The only complaint is that it's over crowded and can use some modern updates. When will be the rep of the Meade cluster schools go away!? This school is doing great things.

Posted April 03, 2014
Absolutely a travesty that a school that should be designed with a transitioning in and out military population is designed in such a way that they purposely bus "disadvantaged" kids from outside of the base onto base to mingle and mix (really just ruin the education of) already stressed military dependent children. Liberal social experiment on the wrong group in my opinion. I could go on, but I wont.

Posted March 20, 2014
My grades have plunged since I went to this school! I was making the A and B honor roll in 5th grade. But now, I am startinag to make C, D, and E's. The school is also filthy as heck and should be tore down! The locker rooms for gym are my highest health concern, and there is a LOT of vandalism in this school. The only positive is at least I havewgood riends.

Posted February 02, 2014
This is a fun and exciting school. There are many smart kids willing to learn, but even more than curse.

Posted December 20, 2013
Hello I am a fellow student of MacArthur for now....let me tell you about my last 2 years at MacArthur. I am in 8 th grade now but I will be moving schools. MacArthur has a bad rep as you can see and everything these parents, teachers and students have said is True. Never send your children to this school it is disgusting, full of ignorant kids, and has horrible environment. In 5th grade I was excited to be on my way to MacArthur so I ignored the comments and ratings 2 years later ive had many regrets. This school's students will taint your innocent children and wreck their outlook on life. Please take heed to what I am saying DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL but if you dont believe me ask to take a tour with your child and pay attention to what you hear and see. There is cursing, negative conversation, and dirty talkers also gossip EVERYWHERE. If your child is quiet, cheerful, honest, nice and/or open and you send them hear expect a negative change in them. The students here spread rumors faster than the speed of lighting. I am so glad that my mother is transferring me I am fed up. Thanks for reading hope you make the right decision :)

Macarthur Middle School 2

Posted November 27, 2013
Mrs. Gray is unprofessional and unprepared to administer a school, oh and incompetent. Mr. Greene is who makes Mac Arthur the school that it is. The faculty morale is very low well because the "principle" has no leadership skills. Keep it Mr. Peyton, you're strict yet kids respect you.

Macarthur Middle School
3500 Rockenbach Rd, Fort Meade, MD  20755
Last modified Macarthur Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Macarthur Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 99 reviews. Top