Fort Washington, MD

Fort Foote Elementary School 5

Posted February 19, 2015
Great School. Please don't get misguided by test results, this is a great school. Teachers are very responsible and love the kids. I have 2 kids that went to Fort Foote ES, one of them is an Honor student at Oxon Hill HS and my other one is an honor student still at Fort Foote ES. Thanks to the teachers and our involvement as parents my kids are doing excellent. The PTA is very active in this school, lots of activities done by PTA. School building is little old but what counts is the love and responsibility of their teachers.

Posted October 15, 2014
This is a great small community school in the Fort Washington/National Harbor community. We transitioned our son from a private school to Fort Foote ES as we were impressed with the vision of the principal and the dedication to ensuring the school is one of excellence. There is great parental involvement and a very active PTA. It should be noted that residents of the National Harbor are zoned for this school.

Posted August 23, 2014
Great School with a community feel!! We moved into the area and initially thought we would keep our son in private school. Due to the community feel of a small school and the dedication by administration to ensure that this school provides a top notch educational experience, we decided to give Fort Foote a try. My son had a great Kindergarten teacher and we were truly happy with our decision. They have a great PTA as well! It should be noted that if you live in the National Harbor, this is the zoned school, so there is great interest in this school's success.

Fort Foote Elementary School 5

Posted July 30, 2014
My child has learned academically and life independence skills. The administration has been very attentive and Ms. Bannat is SIMPLY AMAZING!

Posted May 27, 2009
My child was once enrolled in Ft Foote after coming from a private school setting. This was the worst mistake I could have made! Out of 5 days in a week I cried at least 3.5 because of the demeanor in which my child (who was deemed gifted) was treated. I decided to put my child in Fort Foote because of them having a 'Blue Ribbon Status'...boy was that a hoot! To my surprise, this status was granted under a very older administration---current administration is doing a SAD job of living up to these standards. I met with the Principal, VP, etc., in regards to being pulled out and placed in another grade level in regards to Reading/Language Arts...and even worse mistake as that teacher proved to not be worth the disruption of my child changing classes. Finally after much turmoil, I enrolled my child back in private school.

Posted April 08, 2009
I have a child in second grade and the Head start program and they are doing very well in the Fort Foote and think the teachers really do care about the children and the needs.

Fort Foote Elementary School 2

Posted January 21, 2009
It saddens me as a parent whom once thought highly of Fort Foote and the administration, to say that I am extremely disappointed in the way our children's educational needs are not being met. My child was a honor student and is failing now due to the lack of concern not only from our principal, but her teacher as well. I brought my concerns through many channels and as of January and my child is still in the same predicament. I have lost all hope and confidence in our school system not to mention Fort Foote.

Posted March 01, 2007
I have a first grader at this school and I must say that the teachers are wonderful,helpful and indeed genuine. The only problem I have with the school is the principal. I have seen her speaking disrespectfully to students! I have decided to remove my son from this kind of environment after this school year. Such a shame, because the academic program and the teachers are so great.

Posted May 15, 2006
I have a child in pre-k and in k. My husband and I are very pleased with the school and genuine hearts of the people in it. The children are eager to learn and the teachers are enthusiastic. Events may seems a bit chaotic & unorganized but all in all a very caring bunch.

Posted March 16, 2006
Excellent staff, excellent administration. Academic programs rate very high, as does parental ivolvement. Music and art exist. They start seriously in 5th grade.

8300 Oxon Hill Rd, Fort Washington, MD  20744
Last modified Fort Foote Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Foote Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top