Fort Washington, MD

Posted February 03, 2015
My child had a passion for learning, since entering J Frank dent elementary school that passion has diminished greatly. I'm tired of her not coming home with homework. The teacher makes the excuse," the printer is down." This is not acceptable and it's not going to be tolerated, teaching our children is why these adults became teachers in the first place. Helping the kids learn something that they can take with them through life, creating a better difference in their mindset and opening their young minds to better expectations. I am unsatisfied terribly in the decision of letting her go to the school, its not her fault she didn't have any say in what school she could choose and unfortunately we had to move. We moved from a good County, where she attended a great school. I'm just so sad to see that this is accepted and yet nobody's being punished or penalize, you call the front office nobody wants to hear you, you left feeling as though your reaching out for nothing. Because there's no homework at all it saddens me horribly. I feel as a parent that I'm failing my child.

Posted January 14, 2013
This school is lacking a bit everywhere. There is no organization in the front office. Notices for school events get sent out very late making it hard for parents to plan. 2nd grade class is over crowded and the teacher is has issues controlling it. the 2nd grade teacher is overwhelmed and therefore has lacking of being calm and closed to the students. She yells, screams, takes away rest room privileges from all students even though it may be a few students who are having behaviorial issues. There is lack of homework especially math homework coming home. There is a tremendous amount of bullying. The prinicpal seems to be out of touch. No parental relationship is encouraged. Parents are getting irrate and frustrated with the entire school faculty. I see things changing for the worst for some faculty at this school.

Posted May 13, 2010
There is no true support from the staff as it relates to children with social challenges. I was told by the principal,my child has exhausted her and she can not do anything more for him...wow

Posted December 14, 2007

J. Frank Dent Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2007
this school has a greate resding program in helping kids with that extra push the assiatant principal is great the principal needs to be more aprochable and all of the teacher that i know there are great they have shown care for my child and for our family

Posted August 22, 2007
This school is showing improvement since they hired an assistant principal.

Posted August 10, 2005

J. Frank Dent Elementary School
2700 Corning Ave, Fort Washington, MD  20744
Last modified J. Frank Dent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. Frank Dent Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top