Fort Washington, MD

St. Ignatius Loyola School 3

Posted August 10, 2007

St. Ignatius Loyola School 3

Posted October 17, 2006
I can't agree more with the previous poster. The principal is extremely involved with creating a 'Broadway' production and while that can be viewed as an added benefit, it's disheartening to know that it seems to be his absolute primary focus. It's also annoying that the school's website is not up to date. For the past three years, the same 'Under Construction' and 'Coming Soon' blurbs are posted where data should have been added by now. This is the third year that my children have attended St. Ignatius and they remain enrolled there only because my first choice for another school in the area has not accepted new applications in awhile. Many of the teachers are fine but St. Ignatius should consider executing a stronger curriculum and implement extra-curricular activities; not focus so much on Broadway productions.

St. Ignatius Loyola School 2

Posted October 02, 2006
The school just recently changed pricipals, and the new principal who is appears to love the Arts seems quite passive in other areas of the school development. The curriculum is fair. The teaching staff lacks consistency in regards to the grading scale. They do not offer any opporutity for the students to participate in team sports as well having absolutely no extra-curricular activities for kids in grade k-3rd and only band and now drama for the upper grades. The desire for parent involvement is thier but it does not seem to be embraced by the current administration.

St. Ignatius Loyola School 4

Posted August 22, 2006
I agree with the other parent. The atmosphere at St. Ignatius is one of caring, academic achievement, and family. I have enrolled my son for 7th grade and we are looking forward to an enriching year...

St. Ignatius Loyola School 5

Posted August 23, 2005
'You never get a second chance to make a first impression.' The staff at St. Ignatius doesn't need a second chance, they got it right the first time! I stopped by to inquire about admission policies and curriculum this summer. I had a list of four other schools that I planned to visit after my stop at St. Ignatius. To make a long story short-I never made it to those other schools. St. Ignatius is a first rate CARING and nurturing environment where students grow. I'm looking forward to a great educational and spiritual experience for my daughter this year.

St. Ignatius Loyola School
2317 Brinkley Rd, Fort Washington, MD  20744
Last modified St. Ignatius Loyola School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Ignatius Loyola School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top