Fort Washington, MD

National Christian Academy 2

Posted December 26, 2014
Good - Teachers here really love on your children. Getting a meeting with Administration is fairly simple. Your children will feel like they are in a safe environment (most of the time). Most staff dress professionally for a Christian school. Bad - Finance can be rude, incompetent, unfair. If you make a mistake, you will be charged according to the letter of the contract. If they make a mistake, not having someone available to take your money, it's oh well. No apology. Heating problems in the building. Came to pick up my child and some classes, students were wearing coats. When I asked, a teacher told me, "Oh we never know from day to day whose class will have heat." Bathrooms with no soap or tissue. Before and aftercare student adult ratio. Too many children get hurt and too few eyes watching. Lack of accountability. Teachers late often. No clear vision or plan to catch up with technology and science. Sub-par instruction in language, computer and gym.

Posted September 30, 2014
My son has attended NCA since PK and now he has excelled to the 12th as a striving Senior because of the quality teachers and staff as well as the administrators. My son has been on the Dean's list, honor roll his entire education. I commend myself as a parent who work with him and developed a relationship with the teachers and the teachers that work extremely hard to provide the children with the skills they need to excell, not only in school, but Godly principles and discipline. I have seen students leave National Christian Academy only to come back because of the diligent and quality education they receive from NCA. I would not have put my son in any other school. As a senior, my sons GPA is 3.89 and doing very well. To GOD be the Glory.

National Christian Academy 3

Posted September 08, 2014
The National Christian Academy has provided both our son and daughter an education and a solid Christian foundation on which to build because they teach the full gospel. This is the only school that our daughter has attended and we believe that she is a better young lady for it.

Posted August 22, 2014
We have been at NCA for 1 year and, I'll admit, it was a challenging year coming from a public school! But with the teacher's (and tutor's) dedication and my husband and my involvement, we learned a lot and our son (who is in elementary school) had a great year! Involvement and communication was all that was needed to overcome any struggles we faced during this transition. My son also participate in the summer enrichment program and, even though it included "learning", he LOVED it. I believe NCA has the children's education, future success in life and spiritual well-being at the forefront of all their decision making. We are looking forward to this new year and are confident it will be successful.

Posted August 21, 2014
My children love this school. I do not agree with the negative comments that were written. My children never want to leave at the end of the day. May daughter has gotten many compliments from strangers on how she is sounding out her letters at the age of 3. My son, who is entering the 2nd grade this year has had an excellent experience. His teacher is caring and patient with him. He made the deans list his entire first grade year. I found the faculty and staff to be friendly and welcoming. It really has a family feel. Im really confused about the negative comments because that has never happened to my husband, my children, my mother in law or myself. We love this school!

National Christian Academy 1

Posted August 21, 2014
Read all the comments here!!!!! Not just the good ones!!!! I never experienced a staff so willing to punish a child for what they (mistakenly) perceive the parents error to be. I will never understand why it is acceptable to pull a child out of class on the assumption that the parent has paid tuition late. Just a little effort would reveal that the check is indeed in their possession and no drastic action need be taken. The only rationale given is that most new parents in the past have proven to be late or unreliable with tuition payment. I am truly disgusted. Additionally the teachers in the junior high and high school department do not know how to teach the materials, and do not properly explain the work to the class. I personally, would not recommend that you, being smart parents, and wanting the best education for your child, send your child to National Christian Academy! In case you decide to visit, be sure to visit the restrooms & cafeteria. And look out for Highs School administratives. You wont find a up to date Windows 7 or 8 computer lab. You won't even find a basic Biology lab. How can they even teach chemistry or biology without a lab.? This place is a big joke.

Posted August 20, 2014
I found that National Christian Academy is a great school. My daughter has grown academically and spiritually. The principal and teachers are dedicated to their students. The atmosphere at the school is loving and a caring environment, I would recommend this school to anyone who is interested.

Posted August 20, 2014
National Christian Academy is a great school with the right amount of students per class. The teachers provide the students with lessons & learning that are appropriate for each grade level. My children enjoy attending the school.

Posted August 20, 2014
We have two sons who attended National Christian Academy for seven years. The class sizes are much smaller than at public schools; the bible teachings are great; and the staff will work with you in addressing any concerns you may have but you have to be open and willing to work together with them as a team. If a child comes from a structured and nurturing environment, he/she will be very successful at National. Overall, we are pleased and our children enjoy attending. As a parent, I recommend a campus visit so you can make an informed decision on whether National is suitable for your family. You will be glad you did.

National Christian Academy 3

Posted August 18, 2014
I have two kids at this school. The ONLY reason they attend is because the public schools in the area are terrible. I will say that the A Beka curriculum is great and I'm happy with it. Now, the school itself? I have to agree with the other parents. A SERIOUS lack in parent-teacher communication, they seem VERY disorganized, VERY money driven, the other children despite this being a "Christian" school are rude, crass, some are ill-mannered and hard-headed. The teachers are inflexible, sometimes irrational and hard-nosed with THEIR beliefs. Your typical, cliqued up, churchy environment. As I said, curriculum-wise, they are great. I am shopping around now for places to relocate, so his will be the last year my kids will attend.

National Christian Academy
6700 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD  20744
Last modified National Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
National Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top