PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Great partial immersion program...half the day in English and half the day in Spanish. The coursework appears to be between a year to two years ahead of peers at many schools in the same grade. A small tight knit community. Caring dedicated teachers. Great peer group of smart and well-mannered kids with very involved parents (who are impressive in their own right). Great soccer team. Tae Kwon Do and music lessons on site, with new extras being considered and added with each year. My child has thrived here and I am happy we have such a great resource in the neighborhood without having to commute to Alexandria or DC for a good private school education. The graduates are moving on to many elite schools afterwards which speaks volumes about the education they are receiving at MIDS.

Maryland International Day School is a gem of a school. I am thrilled with the quality of the teachers, the leadership and involvement of the principal, the challenging dual language curriculum, and the commitment and involvement of the parents. This school makes learning in two languages fun! We could not ask for a better program or a friendlier school. It is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. On top of all that, the school has moved into a nice new building.

Maryland International Day School is outstanding school that provides my children the very best elementary foundation I could find. I am impressed everyday with the abilities that my children display in both the Spanish and English language. The other parents help to form a great bond also and the school has developed into a tight knit family.

I love the Spanish immersion program and the strong family environment. It nice to know that my child is learning and being nurtured at the same time. His school mates are like his siblings. His teachers, like extended family. Its a wonderful place for children to learn and grow.

My daughter attended the PreK program and will be entering the Kindergarten knowing how to read on beginning second grade level, write, do single digit addition and subtraction, identify synonyms, antonyms,etc. speak grade level 1 Spanish, and read music. Her other accomplishments are too numerous to list. I am very satisfied with her progress toi date. The staff and administration have an open door policy and communication is very good. The one drawback is the quality of facility. However, my number one priority is my daugther's education and she is certainly getting top notch instruction.

My son is in his second year. The school is very sound, and what they lack in facilities, the school more than makes it up in academics and environment. We are very pleased with the leadership, teachers, and program. The school is really geared towards getting the most academically out of the school day

Our child was at MIDS for a bit over a year. The school makes a genuine effort to provide a bi-lingual spanish/english curriculum but it is a far cry from an 'international school,' and we found it to be a bit disingenuous to market the school as an international environment. We cannot recommend this school.

This will be the third year that my daughter has attending this school. It's absolutely amazing both academically and socially. The relationships amongst the parents, teachers and the children are strong and create an atmosphere that is conducive to their learning process. The teachers are patient and allow the children to work at a pace that's comfortable for them. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested.

Last modified The Maryland International Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8