PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My children blossomed during their first year at FCA. We are treated like family, and FCA really puts my children's best interests first. Unlike other area private schools, we are not just another tuition income. FCA cares about my children both academically and spiritually. The teachers are fantastic and loving. I highly recommend FCA for a quality education.

I am writing as a parent of elementary aged kids who currently attend FCA. We are very pleased with the education our children are receiving. The school has a loving and caring atmosphere while maintaining high expectations for all their students, both academically and behaviorally. The curriculum is traditional and challenging, and I would also add designed to inspire these kids to think big about who they can become and how they can affect this world for the good. Our kids are thriving there. FCA has been a great asset to our family for the last 3 years!! We highly recommend the school.

I was unfortunate to attend this school from 7th to 10th grade. After enduring the time here, I left to go back to public school. Why? This school has absurd isolationist principles that cause the graduates to struggle once they go out and integrate with society. Many in my class turned to drugs n sex once they graduated. When I say "many": 75% of my class went down destructive paths. Shows how well this 'religious' system works. To avoid this, you can continue paying the ridiculous price for private college. Since most of the families attending are too rich for sense, this has been the case. The income levels of the families also makes for poor diversity of ideals in the student body. Education is also poor. Here they are BEHIND PUBLIC SCHOOLS. The "assumptions" in these reviews are foolish. Compare further at the opportunities and the role models of the two. As soon as I left I gained college credits for writing and a state championship ring for football at Public High School. This was possible by Public school staff who yearned to nurture potential. My talents and mind was chained at will by the FCA staff. I can never and will never recommend this school to anyone.

We're finishing up our first year of school at FCA and we love it! My elementary-aged daughter has had a great year. Her teacher is so kind - she always corrects the children's work in such a loving way. My daughter has made some really nice friends. As a parent, I feel supported and I feel that what I am trying to teach her at home is being reinforced at school. I think academically it is great, because they focus on reading, writing, and math and include history and Bible in all of that. There is nothing haphazard or chaotic about the learning environment. She even learns Spanish! And she loves chapel time. We couldn't be happier with the school.

awful school. When i went there about 4 years ago...my teacher wasn't that nice, it always smelled bad, the kids there were rude and cussed, and you'd think it was just some ordinary public school. They also had some pretty crazy rules. I don't know how much it's changed though so....

fca is awesome and it has the best education in the WORLD!!!! it has the nices teachers and one of the nices teacher is Mrs. McNally she is so nice, but i'm not singaling anyone out so invest your money in fca

I have four children attending FCA and we love it. The teachers are wonderful and the education is second to none. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a public school alternative.

This school is excellent. They are a perfect extension of the values we have at home. We tried public schools and I was very unhappy with what was acceptable. The teachers at FCA are caring, yet firm. The students are taught to be kind to each other and are wonderful to be around. I would highly recommend FCA.

I have been going to FCA since i was in Pre-K. It was a really great school and it had great teachers all through elementary. But once I got into Jr. High, I noticed the teachers stopped caring. They teach half-heartedly and they aren't very clear when you ask questions, with the exception of probably just the math teacher, Mrs. C. The sports program was pretty good. They only have boys and girls soccer and basketball, cheerleading, and volleyball, but the kids who participate are very committed. A lot of the parents are more then ready to help with the sports department, but that's really where their level of involvement ends. The students are not nice to each other. Invest your money in a different school.

Last modified Frederick Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12