Bad
Good

A great principal and caring staff. My two oldest boys went through, now one in 11th grade, one in 9th and both are well prepared for high school. In fact, one of the English teachers both of them had "is the best English teacher we will probably ever have!."

As a parent of a new 6th grader I have to say the problems I'm having are with the teachers. I've already had to tell one like it is. She talked to children like they were her children. Not my child!! Another teacher has an issue with RACE, I've reported her and it only helped a tiny bit so my next step is to go to the school and talk to her personally. I do have to say the 6th grade counselor IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST, GO MS. RUDY!! She definitely goes above and beyond her job title! My daughter likes it. So even though I am a Frederick Cadet Alma mater I'm ok with GTJMS!!

As a new parent I am thrilled with the principal. She has a sense of humor, compassion and most importantly, a mind of her own.

Last modified Gov. Thomas Johnson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.