Frederick, MD

Tuscarora Elementary School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 07, 2015
Too much homework was required in a first grade class, but that was 2 years ago. I like how they give students a week to complete the homework in 2nd and 3rd grade. I also thought it was very wise not to assign homework when the students were taking the PARCC assessment. We had a teacher who would send weekly emails out to parents regarding the homework in advance and this was a very helpful and proactive strategy to make sure it got done.

Posted July 07, 2015
My family is very pleased with this school. Overall, our son has had three (out of four) great academic teachers at the school.

Posted June 01, 2015
We love Tuscarora & so do our kids! Wellington Trace is also a great community too !

Posted October 30, 2014
I went here when I was a child. Its been 20+ years since I left for Murchison. In that time I went on to graduate A&M, get my masters from Johns Hopkins, get commissioned a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy and now work for one of the country's largest biotech company, and have a child of my own. I still look back fondly on my time at Hill. Anyone who has a child that goes here is very fortunate.

Posted August 13, 2013
Tuscarora ES is by far the best school my daughter has attended. She attended two other elementary schools for kindergarten and first grade, but she's grown in her education here more than the prior two schools. I have one child going into fifth grade this year, and another going into first grade. Both kids received a high quality education during the 2012-13 school year and they're excited to go back to school next week. We've had the opportunity to move again since my kids starting attending school here, but we've declined because we didn't want them to have to leave Tuscarora. They also now have an intercom system (since Sandy Hook) so that no one can enter the school without authorization.

Tuscarora Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
I have had three children in Tuscarora starting the year it opened until now. We have gone through two principals and our third is to start this coming school year. Our first principal was fantastic, the second well let's just say the school depreciated SUBSTANTIALLY in quality. The teachers remain top notch throughout the administration changes but the front office really could use some updating. Here's hoping the next principal takes the bull by the horns and gets Tuscarora whipped back into the shape it was when it first opened.

Posted April 12, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST! I NEVER WENT HERE BUT I LOVE AND LIKE IT

Tuscarora Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2012
I have two children here and this school is just okay. Way over capacity - all 5th graders in portables this year. Most concern is with the principal, she seems weak and inattentive. Perhaps she's overwhelmed with nearly 800 students and working on a doctorate in education? There are much better choices in this county or neighboring Loudoun...Do your homework!

Tuscarora Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2010
Great school. I have two children that attend the school. The staff is great. Will answer any questions you may have about your child The administrators are usually available if not they will call you or email you as soon as possible. Most times they will stop what they are doing to assist you. The front office staff can be a bit more friendly but they are not mean.

Posted February 09, 2010
Great school!!! It is still fairly new I have 2 children that attend the school. The teachers are top notch and do a great job with our students. The princpal is usually available to meet with parents and if she is not she will call you the minute she gets time in her schedule. She cares about the school. The secreatries are not mean but need to smile a little more to welcome everyone.

Tuscarora Elementary School
6321 Lambert Dr, Frederick, MD  21703
Last modified Tuscarora Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tuscarora Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top