Posted August 13, 2013
Tuscarora ES is by far the best school my daughter has attended. She attended two other elementary schools for kindergarten and first grade, but she's grown in her education here more than the prior two schools. I have one child going into fifth grade this year, and another going into first grade. Both kids received a high quality education during the 2012-13 school year and they're excited to go back to school next week. We've had the opportunity to move again since my kids starting attending school here, but we've declined because we didn't want them to have to leave Tuscarora. They also now have an intercom system (since Sandy Hook) so that no one can enter the school without authorization.

Posted August 07, 2013
I have had three children in Tuscarora starting the year it opened until now. We have gone through two principals and our third is to start this coming school year. Our first principal was fantastic, the second well let's just say the school depreciated SUBSTANTIALLY in quality. The teachers remain top notch throughout the administration changes but the front office really could use some updating. Here's hoping the next principal takes the bull by the horns and gets Tuscarora whipped back into the shape it was when it first opened.

Posted April 12, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST! I NEVER WENT HERE BUT I LOVE AND LIKE IT

Tuscarora Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2012
I have two children here and this school is just okay. Way over capacity - all 5th graders in portables this year. Most concern is with the principal, she seems weak and inattentive. Perhaps she's overwhelmed with nearly 800 students and working on a doctorate in education? There are much better choices in this county or neighboring Loudoun...Do your homework!

Posted February 09, 2010
Great school. I have two children that attend the school. The staff is great. Will answer any questions you may have about your child The administrators are usually available if not they will call you or email you as soon as possible. Most times they will stop what they are doing to assist you. The front office staff can be a bit more friendly but they are not mean.

Posted February 09, 2010
Great school!!! It is still fairly new I have 2 children that attend the school. The teachers are top notch and do a great job with our students. The princpal is usually available to meet with parents and if she is not she will call you the minute she gets time in her schedule. She cares about the school. The secreatries are not mean but need to smile a little more to welcome everyone.

Tuscarora Elementary School 3

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted September 11, 2008
My son is in 1st grade. The bldg build in '04. At least 2 computers in each classrm Plus a computer Lab. Private Bathrms in each class. Plenty of sunlight. The PTA President consistantly kind, welcoming & instructing any volunteers (and there are a lot)The teachers welcome volunteers. My experience: Any questions/concerns have been answered via email or phone by end of the day I've contacted them. Health rm excellant employee! Secretary makes sure noone enters bldg who shouldn't...guard dog! No dealings w/ Principle. Learning is interesting & fun here. I love this school. One Neg..Large class size avg: 24-25. Yet teachers handle the kids beautifully!

Tuscarora Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2008
Special ed services are lacking at this school. It is almost like it a battlefield to acquire services instead of everyone working as a team. The school educationally is a good one, but if your child needs special ed services you would be better to find another school.

Posted April 25, 2008
My daughter has gone here for Kindergarten and 1st grade. The teachers are very patient (my daughter has trouble staying focused) and very open and available to speak with parents. The school does a good job of keeping parents involved. There is a lot of homework but I feel my daughter is being challenged every step of the way. It is a very new school but it looks awesome and there's lots of technology there. It's very clean and state-of-the-art. I have not had any problems with the faculty or staff there. It's in a very safe area too and all the parents are very involved. I commute an hour every day to work just so my daughter can stay at this school because I like it so much.

Tuscarora Elementary School
6321 Lambert Dr, Frederick, MD  21703
Last modified Tuscarora Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tuscarora Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top