Posted September 05, 2014
My two children have been going to Centerville for 3 years now and they absolutely love it. All of the teachers that they have had are extremely dedicated and the administrators truly take the time to get to know parents. Keep up the great work, Centerville!

Posted March 16, 2013
This school is simply amazing. The teachers are dedicated, that administration is responsive and approachable. The expectations are very high - but students are given every tool possible to meet and then exceed them. Even though I find that the standards are high, my kids enjoy school and LOVE their teachers.

Posted March 28, 2012
I am the proud parent of two CES students. Although every school has its ups and downs CES does an amazing job of managing the academics and the safety of over 1000 students. My children are happy to get up each day and go to school. The teachers have always given them incentives to try more and try harder with regards to academics. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to move into this area.

Posted October 25, 2011
This school is great! I have my kids go to overseas DoDDS school, McLean, Va, and Maryland twice. The teachers and principal take a personal approach to all the kids. I am not sure how the test scores are related to other schools; but, I can expect to see the scores well in the top.

Posted September 26, 2011
Our family is new to Centerville Elementary and we are very impressed. The academic rigor is certainly up there and the staff seems to be top notch. The princpal was available to meet and was quite approachable in understanding our family needs. The teachers of both of our children have been amazing and wonderful. This school is amazing!

Centerville Elementary 4

Posted January 18, 2011
I am a parent with one child currently in Centerville Elementary. Overall this is a very good school. It is clean, has a great atmosphere, and all of my experiences with the teachers have been positive. It is true that the academics seem on the light side ... my child easily finishes the homework in less than 15 minutes every night and they don't seem to push the kids very hard during school. My guess is that all the public elementary schools in the area go at about the same pace, so I really can't expect my school to go faster than the others. My only real complaint is with the administration. All of my interactions with the principal have been strange and unpleasant and I have had quite a few bad experiences with the front office as they don't always seem to be informed on what is going on and seem to be annoyed that I have stopped in for information. They actually roll their eyes at you and walk away in mid-sentence. It feels like the administration never wants the parents to actually come into the school. Other parents have had the same complaint about the front office.

Posted November 17, 2009

Centerville Elementary 0

Posted November 06, 2009
I have taught at CES for five years and am very proud to be a part of the staff. The administration works hard to ensure that all students are thriving. The teachers not only work together as a team, they are dedicated to their profession and continually seek professional development opportunities. Students are happy and excited to come to school each day. This is the best school in Frederick County period.

Posted August 29, 2009
The teachers here truly care about the kids and what is the best for their education. I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader here and have been nothing but happy. I have never seen any severe discipline problems, the classrooms are all well-run and organized - but nurturing. Teachers are careful to push students, but not stress them. They are also interested in making sure kids have a depth of understanding. I feel that here, all students receive attention, not just the ones that have additional needs.

Centerville Elementary 1

Posted July 20, 2009
Took my child out of this school after 3 years (grades 3 - 5). She was not being challenged, rarely had homework, discipline was a joke. Gave it a chance, very disappointing.

Centerville Elementary
3601 Carriage Hill Dr, Frederick, MD  21704
Last modified Centerville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centerville Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top