Frederick, MD
Students enrolled: 1,579

Posted August 28, 2013
This school has a great engineering program allowing you to take college level courses and earn credit for upper level engineering courses through the PLTW program. They have an excellent athletics program and outstanding support from the parents and community.

Posted July 09, 2011
Please do not judge the school's academics based on all the misspelled words in the comments below. Linganore has a very long and proud tradition in the county. This year, we celebrated the rebirth of the school as the old school was finally torn down and a new, state of the art building was constructed on the campus. The teachers are well educated in their subject matter and most of them care about the academic success of the students as well as positive character development. I am a proud Lancer parent and highly recommend the school and community.

Posted June 29, 2011
My two sons have gone to Linganore. The elder one just graduated. I live now in California. It was great to be back for his graduation. I used to live in the area and substitute teach throughout the school district. I met many fine teachers there. Some were especially helpful to my sons and to me. I hear that new building is great. I expect my younger son to have a great final year next year. He has taken AP classes, and I wish all the students the very best.

Linganore High School 1

Posted June 28, 2011
My experience with the new LHS has not been a great one. There has been a lot of bullying and threatening going on there. There are clicks of kids who are mean. Injuries to students etc. Then again NO one will acknowledge this because we do not want to ruin the schools reputation! Especially the staff!

Posted April 09, 2011
im a student at lhs- a freashman and i havent had a bad expirience yet, i play a highschool sport in all 3 seasons and i love my coaches and teachers i am taking an AP class next year as a sophmore and im very excited. LHS has the most school spirit ive ever seen... when i go to other schools no one is ever at the games but at linganore... if you arnt playing a game... you are whaching a game and cheering on the lancers. our football program is exeptional and i love it at linganore... and for the people who say we need a new building.... we got one and it is top notch technology with smart boards and new textbooks and equiptment. linganore is overall one of the best schools in the state... o doubt -in all aspects it is the place to be.

Posted September 28, 2010
i am happy to have my dogther in this high school because this school has a good rating

Linganore High School 3

Posted February 01, 2010
Upside: very good teachers and excellent band and sports programs. Downside: small-town/small-minded school. Many of the kids don't aspire for much beyond Frederick because many parents don't either.

Posted January 26, 2010
This school is fantastic. I am so greatful that my daughter has had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful school filled with excellent teachers and administrators. While the school is still in a transitional period, you would never notice. The staff has always ensured that the transition from the old Liganore to the new Linganore 'at Oakdale' was smooth. While the music curriculum is outstanding in the FCPS system, Linganore has the best!

Linganore High School 1

Posted January 15, 2010
The teachers are great in this school thus far; this is our first experience in public school system. My child was not registered until two weeks before the school started this fall. The counselors and administrators do not answer your emails or phone calls in a timely matter; nothing gets done in a timely matter. My child told me once; none of the administrators smile at students in the hall way and / nor interacts with them. I am so glad my child will not be going to LHS next fall because of re-districting. This school needs better leadership and better counselor organizational skills.

Linganore High School 3

Posted November 04, 2009
My grandson goes to that school, and some of his teachers are just great and very caring.

Linganore High School
12013 Old Annapolis Rd, Frederick, MD  21701
Last modified Linganore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linganore High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top