Posted December 07, 2014
North Frederick Elementary has an amazing staff. The teachers and aids are warm and welcoming. I know my child is well cared for at the school. The brand new building is full of technology not seen in many schools in Frederick County.

North Frederick Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2014
This school was amazing and i was here from 2nd grade to 5th grade in the highly able/magnet program. They have so many opportunities for kids, and i came to school every morning with a smile to greet me at the door. The i learned so much and will never forget this school.

North Frederick Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2012
There is a lack of communication between the new principal and staff. I brought cupcakes today with permission of my daughter's third grade teacher. This was for my daughter's last day as we are relocating due to my husband's passing. The principal turned us away at the steps even though she knew we had already cleared it with the teacher. The policy is fine, but the guidance counselor also knew I was sending in cupcakes and said she would stop by to have one. This is a new principal. I don't like to go on rumor, but my daughter said she wouldn't let them run tn recess! This experience sours several good years at this school. I put in a call to the principal's supervisor but am afraid that the teacher will get blamed. She didn't know about the policy and I don't think its her fault.

North Frederick Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2010
My daughter attended NFES for two years, kindergarten and first grade. We were extremely disappointed in most aspects of the school from class size to NO communication with the parent from the teacher. My child was seeing the reading specialist and we were not told. Even more, I walked my daughter to her classroom every day and chit chatted with the teacher and still, I was not told. My daughter's kindergarten teacher had every inch of the classroom walls full of "stuff" on the first day of school and then the teacher told me that she was easily distracted - look at your room! It is unfortunate as the school is so close to our home and I really wanted a good experience. If a child misbehaved, recess time was taken away from all students in the class (it is only 15 monutes to begin with). As a result, we are now paying for private school where my daugher is thriving .

Posted October 12, 2010
The teachers care about the students and are dedicated.

Posted April 17, 2010
Although much larger than I prefer to see elementary schools, I find that the principal and teachers keep all of their children in their hearts... North Frederick is truly a community where all, children and adults are respected, and honored for their individuality and needs. The spirit of the school children reflects itself in the spirit of the parents as well. Open lines of communication are valued and important in daily operations. Rah! Rah! North Frederick!

Posted December 02, 2009
My daughter recently graduated from North Frederick. She had a truly wonderful experience there. She's a smart girl who loves to read and learn. Her abilities were recognized and encouraged. I hope their new building will materialize soon; they deserve it.

Posted October 12, 2009
Our school is the greatest because even though it is over crowded the teachers are awesome!!!! They work extra hard to make each student feel special.

Posted January 27, 2009
Without a doubt the absolute best place for your child. This our second year at NFES; with one child in 2nd, and one in 3rd. From the principle to the staff to the teachers, you won't find any better.

Posted December 12, 2008
My oldest son attended North Frederick and he loved it. It was a wonderful, nurturing, well organized school. We were sad to leave it, and it's the standard I compare all schools to. Thank you North Frederick!

North Frederick Elementary School
1001 Motter Ave, Frederick, MD  21701
(240) 236-2000
Last modified North Frederick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Frederick Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top