Bad
Good

I absolutely have loved this school. My child attended her entire elementary school years at Waverley and it has been a wonderful experience. The amount of time and energy the teachers and staff put in goes above and beyond what anyone could hope for. Ofcourse there may be a few complaints you could find but overall this is a 5 star school. It is very diverse and has the staff readiness to ensure your child a great learning environment with any special needs they may have. I have walk down the halls to take my child to her class room and a staff member was playing the guitar and singing greeting all the kids. Some of the staff and teachers have been there for over 20 years with so much experience. I could go on and on about this school. It is not just a school it becomes an extended family to your child. You will not be disappointed. Great job Waverley!!!

Best elementary school you will ever find. Teachers and staff are the absolute best. My child has attended here 3-5th grade and the positive change in him has been 200% from where he was prior. I wish this school offered K-12 because I don't want him to leave here. I love this school

This school is a great school. Everyone here goes over and beyond to make sure the students get what they need to succeed! All of the staff are friendly and informative.

Great school. My three boys were lucky to have attended this school. They learned respect for their teachers as well as for other students, and the teachers really care about the students! We love this school

I think this school is great...dedicated staff, small class size..I'm so glad my son goes here!

I just want to say despite of what people have said that this a poor school because of the area and had me worried to death, this has been the best thing in the area! We had the opportunity to deal with Mrs Denton, Mrs Owens (pre k) and Mrs Haslam, Mr Risigno (K), they were outstanding. The only bad thing about moving from the area is leaving them behind. Great PTA as well. Our family will miss you and will miss the great support you gave our kids. The teachers there and staff definitely need all the support and appreciation from us parents! God bless all of them and their hard work!

We LOVE this school! Teachers and staff genuinely care about their students. They are encouraging and go beyond to make sure their students are ok. Academics are good as well. My daughter was approved for the magnet program but she is challenged academically here and she gets so much more than just academics I couldn't fathom changing her. She didn't want to go either. Definitely one of Frederick's greatest schools!

This is an older elementary school (1969) that succeeds because it inculcates old school values. Children walk throughout the hallways; any disrespect shown toward an adult is not tolerated; there is an atmosphere of family that begins with the teachers, specialists, custodial staff...and works its way all the way down to the students. I have volunteered regularly for over one year...last year, one of the teachers was actually once the student of her colleague. Teachers go out of their way to ensure the social, physical and academic well-being of the children. There is a 'Reading Night.' The only problem that I see is that I have never had even one positive interaction with the front office. No 'hello' or 'can I help you?' The teachers pick up the slack, though, toting materials all over the building. Specialists are prompt and help kids in need. What a place!

My kids attend this school for the past few years and at first it seemed like a nice and homley school once everyone gets to know you, you feel like part of the family until each year with budget cuts and tryouts with asst principals it starts to get to you where you arent sure who is going to be around. This school needs alot of changes that would in include admin staff minus the assistant principal. One of them should be the principal they seem to be more involved with the progress of the school . Don't get me wrong the principal is very passionate about the school and how its doing but, lacks visibility as well as connecting with the students, parents and staff of the school you dont see her at school functions. Front ofc should be more professional and friendly and competant. All and all need overhaul!

Waverley Elementary gets a perfect 10 from myself and my family. We love the staff members at Waverley. Waverley Elementary is our exteneded family. We wouldn't dream of sending our children anywhere else.

Last modified Waverley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.