Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The teachers and aides have done a great job of working with my son. The school is inclusive and provides for his needs; nothing but great things to say. I would recommend this school to any parent with a special needs child

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal seems to be very involved with the kids and fosters a positive environment from my perspective when in meetings with her and other teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have always had a good relationship with my son's teachers and aides; communication is great.

My son has been attending Whittier for three years now. The administration and teachers have been wonderful. Communication is great and their support of my son's special needs is fantastic. We've made a point to stay in the area specifically to keep him in this school.

Whittier school was much better off a year ago with the previous Administrators. I felt that they at least understood how to develop and teach the whole child. I have two children with severe special needs and this year has been the worst elementary school I have ever experienced. It was as if the school changed over night. I have five children from highschool to kindergarten and I am very familiar with education for young learners. I have had to fight every inch of the way for someone to listen. Even when I confront administrators and teachers of something they said or did, they deny I believe to keep the child progressing(even though they really are not) and possibly to save their jobs. There is one pre-k special ed teacher that actually does an excellent job. That's why I stayed on another year in hopes that it would continue. My children were failed in multiple ways.

To add to my last review... I think the education is pretty spot on with what students in K should know. My son went from reading a few words here and there to reading an entire library book on his own. He understands simple math problems which I am very impressed by. I do wish they would have more sight words than just 40 for the entire year. We are very much hands on at home so I'm sure that helped as well.

This school is simply wonderful. We moved to that subdivision just for this school and we are NOT dissapointed at all. My daughter get solid and loving environment and we could not be happier with the school. I would like to also add how wonderful, funny, friendly and calm the principal is - please keep up the good work. We love it.

My started pre-k here this year and she's doin amazing I used to pay for her school but she wasn't learning anything so I switche her to Whittier and what a huge improvement. The teachers are great she loves it. Whittier is awesome!!

My son has attended Whittier Elementary since Kindergarten and he is now in 4th grade. We have found the teachers to be excellent and extremely caring. He was struggling with his reading and comprehension last year and received extra instruction through their targeted reading program. This year he is reading at grade and is much more confident in his writing skills. We are very pleased with the education he has received at Whittier.

We are a military family and I decided to give this school a try, rather than home school my son. I was not impressed with his kindergarten, and found the pressure at such a young age to be amazing. My son asked to home school for first grade but I felt the problem with kindergarten was the teacher and not the school. I was right. His first grade teacher is fantastic. My son now loves to go to school and his reading has really improved without all the pressure. All in all just like anywhere else your child's education is as good as the teacher they have.

Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.