Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted August 18, 2016
This school is great! The faculty is really nice. I really like the Reading Specialist there. She has helped my daughter raise her reading level. She was always a grade a two behind. She is now on grade grade level and is so proud of herself!!!

Ballenger Creek Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 18, 2016
Erica Bender. She works/worked with both of my children. They are both thriving and reading much better because of her! She is an amazing teacher/school support!

Ballenger Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2014
The school is horrible for special needs students.They will noy do any accommodating to help any child succeed....The principal is rude mean and just in.general very snotty ....I have to children in this school one disabled and one not...The normal child is treated with respect and is feels okay about the school...The disabled child is really hurt by the treatment he receives and its not by students as onr would expect buy rather by staff...I've tried to hang on because I don't want my son to learn to run away from..his problems...however at this point I feel this school is jeopardizing my sons safety and I'm looking ti move just to get my son out of this school.

Ballenger Creek Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2013
There are multiple issues at this school - the administration is only concerned with Title 1 "status" and bragging about the free stale cinnamon rolls they pass off as a healthy breakfast. The curriculum has really dummied down in the past few years too. There have been multiple administrative staff changes including multiple principals in the past few years. Several front office employees quit due to the current principal. My kids are actually saying the teachers are acting way too goofy and silly. I'm incredibly saddened by the disintegration of this school.

Ballenger Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter just started first grade here and we were pretty nervous about a new school. So far she loves it, her teacher is great and we expect only good things to happened. I don't know much about the school but everybody seems to care about children and I like the fact that they are very carefully about their safety and their development. I heard only positive things from other parents

Posted April 13, 2013
Ballenger Creek is such a great school, I have a daughter with a long IEP and the staff that cares for her is so wonderful. Not to mention the focus they have on STEM. I love love love this school and am sorry to be leaving it next year when we move.

Posted April 12, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS ALSO THE BEST! I NEVER WENT HERE BUT I LOVE AND LIKE IT

Posted January 26, 2012
Love this school!! Teachers are wonderful, the administration is terrific as well. They really seem to care about the kids. I would highly recommend moving to this area if you have elementary aged kids. You will not be disappointed!!

Ballenger Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2011
I have had 3 children that have gone to BCES and I think it's a pretty good school. The new administration isn't the nicest but they seem to get the job done. Many of the teachers are really amazing teachers though. They really know how to show a child that they care about them and their academic future. I was very sad to see my son graduate 5th grade and head to middle school because I knew he would no longer get to see the teachers who really turned his school life around for him. Funny enough, his former teachers still check up on him 2 years later in middle school. Some of the teachers can be very strict, but I think it's good for the kids to know their boundaries. Also the guidance counselor is very nice and has a lot of various groups to help any of the kids who might be struggling with something in their home or school life. There is very little bullying and the staff really instills it in the kids that bullying is bad and you will be punished for it. I do wish there was more PTA participation among the parents because when there isn't the students really feel the pinch on fun things like the fall festival or spring carnival.

Posted November 04, 2011
Perhaps the pre 2008 reviews should be overlooked as the principal and AP have changed since then. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. Teachers want the kids to excel and are willing to put the time into making that happen. Supplemental instruction is available for both struggling students and those who need to be challenged above the average curriculum. Administration is accessable and responsive to request for clarifications, meetings and evaluations. Many parents are part of the PTA and strive to make events fun and family friendly. I am happy to call BCES our school and my kids are thriving there.

Ballenger Creek Elementary School
5250 Kingsbrook Dr, Frederick, MD  21703
Last modified Ballenger Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.