Fulton Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted May 25, 2013

The administration is uninvolved and terrible at what they do. Communication between school and home is completely lacking. I can't tell you how many school events I found out about the day of or after they were already over. Simply put, terrible. I am finding that it is the administration's purpose to keep the parents out of the loop. The secretary is unfriendly and at times rude. There is no greeting when you enter the school. As far as parents volunteering in the classroom goes, it really depends upon what teacher you have. Some are willing to have you in the classroom helping, while others put you in a separate room or hallway. :o( Also, siblings are NOT welcome at any school function or event during the school day. Very unwelcoming to families!! Fulton does have some good teachers. I would NOT recommend this Howard County Elementary School to anyone.

Posted May 21, 2013

I want to thank you for school counselor, psyologists, and teachers. My kid is strong willed, but he loves to learn. When he entered kingdergarten, started from the 3rd day, the teacher complain about him every week. Sometimes, she called almost everyday. She just didn't know how to teach my kid, and try to get ride of him. She sent my child to everywhere on campus. One day when I went to pick him up, the teacher didn't know where my child is. My child complained to us about this teacher. We tried to put good words about her. Later, she started hurts my kid physically by pulling, pushing. We talked to the Principal. The Principal is very nice. She let my kid changed to another classroom immediately. Then my kid did much better in school. It is not about the school. It is all about the teachers!!! If a school has many good teachers, it will help children to learn better. We are still observing to see whether we will let our children change school. One thing we learned this year is that talk to your children to find out what happened. Don't just listen to the teachers. You know your kids better.

Posted February 16, 2013

My experience with teachers have been excellent. They are great at responding our concerns and in challenging our kids. Both my kids enjoy going to school. Their GT program is also great. Administration can try to be more friendly but they are fine as professional

Posted November 13, 2012

I have been nothing but pleased with our experience at Fulton Elementary School this year. I was quite hesitant at the beginning of the year as my son (in Kindergarten) has a set of special needs and requires extra support. I feared him being labeled and was concerned about having to work against the school to advocate for him. I was profoundly grateful when the school contacted me offering extra services, support, and involvement within the first two weeks of school. The counselor, principal, health assistant, and teacher have been incredibly helpful (and demonstrate expertise) in supporting my child while maintaining expectations within the classroom and continuing to provide him a rich learning experience. His teacher is skillful and comes with higher education and a diverse background. Thanks to all of this, he continues to be on track with his education. They have earned my trust. Overall, this is an excellent school with staff that truly demonstrates their motives to provide quality education to the students while also individualizing needs. There is a great deal of parent support which helps the teachers tremendously in day to day activities, fundraisers, etc.

Posted December 1, 2011

My daughter is in first grade at Fulton Elementary school and she loves it. The teachers and staff are very nice and helpful. Fulton Elementary provides my daughter with a creative, challenging, and encouraging learning environment. I am plesantly surprised with how much she has learned and matured.

Posted October 21, 2011

Wow! In the 6 years that I have been an parent I have never met someone With such a bad experience. You are welcome at Fulton anytime, any day in the classroom. Each of my children have made lifelong friends at the school. The community of Teachers and Family's are incredible! My son was so prepared for middle school and is in majority GT classes with encouragement from his Fulton teachers. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience.

Posted August 14, 2011

I pulled my 2 children from Fulton Elementary school. Parents were not allowed in the classroom with their children during the academic day as they are in every other school in Ho. Co. Assessments were not sent home so I didn't know what or how my children were doing. The test scores have dropped every year that we have been there. The school is one of 4 elementary schools in Ho. Co. on the Maryland State Department of Education's watch list for not meeting AYP standards on testing. The principal is not involved and is unaware of things going on in the school. My children didn't know who was in charge of the school. The atmosphere is very negative and my children learned very little there.

Posted February 7, 2011

Great Howard County elementary school in Fulton with excellent suburban location and enviable neighboring demographics.

Posted February 21, 2007

Fulton Elem. is an amazing school with dedicated teachers and staff. My two children love going to school! I'm continuously happily surprised.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 23% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 7%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

11600 Scaggsville Rd