Gaithersburg, MD

Rachel Carson Elementary School 3

Posted April 01, 2015
I personally feel that our Kindergarten Teacher needs an additional training on how to deal with 5-6 year old kids. Kids being treated like adults without much of personal guidance and supervision. Kindergarteners expected to act and deal with situations like grownups. Kids constantly sent to principle for minor misbehavior due to lack of teacher support to control the situation in a class room. Homework poorly constructed, I had to send my child to Kumon school not to be behind! This is our first year and I am not a very happy with this Blue-ribbon school. I hope the next year we will see better structured homework assignments and well trained teacher. Over all school staff is very friendly and supportive!

Rachel Carson Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2014
RCES is a great school that could use a little tweaking when it comes to their homework assignments. My son was in kindergarten last year and week after painful week we received the same unimaginative homework assignments that were varied ever so slightly to reflect what they were learning in class. It was very boring for my son and I. The staff are friendly and open to parent suggestions. I found afternoon dismissals to be a bit chaotic and disorganized. They have good academic, special education, and therapy resources. My son's kindergarten teacher who was rated quite well by other parents quickly jumped to conclusion that my focus-challenged son would not be much of a success in her classroom, even after explaining that he just needs a little more time to mature. She was wrong. During our last meeting she openly admitted that she had been wrong about my son and she had the test scores to prove it. I feel that RCES more than adequately helped prepare my son for first grade.

Rachel Carson Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
My son started his KG at RCES this school year. This school is great. Staff are so friendly and responsible. We are able to communicate with the teacher and always getting prompt responses. The school neighborhood is great! We have very good interaction with other parents. I really admire the school Principal's leadership. We are so glad to find this school for our son.

Rachel Carson Elementary School 5

Posted December 13, 2005
This is a very special school. There is a great emphasis on all levels of ability. The children who can are pushed ahead and challenged and the children who need a slower pace are challenged at their own pace. A wonderful environment for children to learn.

Rachel Carson Elementary School

Posted August 26, 2003
I think that the school is off to a great change with the new principal in place. This is his second year and I am looking forward to great year in education

Rachel Carson Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2003
My son attended Rachel Carson last year and loved it. I found the teachers to be sincere and truely care for their students. The staff even helped parents get the students in and out of their parents cars in the mornings and afternoons. That was a big help for a mother of 2, one an infant.

Rachel Carson Elementary School
100 Tschiffely Square Rd, Gaithersburg, MD  20878
Last modified Rachel Carson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rachel Carson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top