PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teachers and administrators love Jesus! Great place, great people! Education is top notch with well qualified teachers and great curriculum choices including AP classes.

Hi, I was a little nervous about sending my son to a school where he would be a minority in 9th grade. But because my son is open-minded and makes friend easily, he blended in, and it was a very positive experience. I saw him strive, and especially in the last years of high school become a serious and independent student. He is going to college next fall, and I have very little apprehension. He also got a chance to explore his new found wrestling skills, and competed with a team with an exceptional spirit of camaraderie and resilience. The team made it to a National competition this year. I also saw that some of the teachers genuinely cared, beyond their scope of duties. The school is not very well organized, very often parents find out about events or activities at the last minute. But the administration is improving, I can see a big difference in 4 years. Besides, they are very committed to improve and are open to criticism, and take it into consideration.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers will first interact with them when there is a problem and try to find a remedy within the school, if not, they will contact you to let you know when there is a problem, and call you for a meeting if it gets out of control.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some days they are busy, if they plan carefully they should not be surprised. But they need to stay consistent and make sure they do their parts.

Develops character: Strongly agree

it is a Christian school, it should be in essence. But they were open to explain and share their faith on points where the student disagrees with them. They did not try to muzzle my son on a topic he did not see eye to eye with him, but instead refered him back to the bible.

We have three children at Covenant Life School. We so appreciate the teacher's investing in our children, with smaller classrooms and really getting to know our children. The academics are strong, the spiritual formation is build into the every day in the classroom. The children are comfortable talking about God, and other spiritual aspects of life. So grateful that my children have the freedom to learn about, and worship God in the classroom.

We have attended two Christian schools. At CLS, the theological training is deep and serious -- even elementary kids come home thinking about what it means to believe in Jesus, and the meaning of his life and death. But at the "other" school, kids simply sang Jesus songs and were forced to recite silly pledges to believe in Jesus. Also, at CLS, teachers teach a rigorous traditional curriculum -- the kids are challenged in math, science, and phonics with the same strong curriculum products they would receive at other excellent private schools. Some Christian schools only use curriculum that is published exclusively by Christian publishers (why would my son's MATH book need to have Jesus on every page?). If you want a world-class private school education, with excellent bible teaching and character development, this is the school for you.

My child attends Covenant Life School in Gaithersburg, MD. I've never experienced such a wonderful sense of community before. The teachers and staff really care for each child and are committed to their success. I volunteer at the school and find that God blesses me every time I serve. I can't imagine my child getting his education anywhere else! CLS is the best!

My daughter loves the school! Her teacher is so fun and creative and really loves the children. I will definitely send all my kids there when they are old enough.

We wanted a school for our 3 children that would give a well rounded world view instead of just one.

Last modified Covenant Life School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12