Gaithersburg, MD

Posted June 12, 2015
Amazing network and neighborhood of supportive parents, active PTA, eager teachers and pleasant "small school" feel.

Jones Lane Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2015
The principal do not hear the parents and do not really care or even know the name of some kids. This school needs to start working on getting better. It is going down and I am sad to see this.

Posted January 10, 2015
i am a sixth grader who used to go to jones lane, and i must say, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! the teachers were so nice and caring, and the education was wonderful. the enviorment was just so welcoming. jones lane was the best

Posted December 12, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Jones Lane and the academic quality and warmth of the school community has far exceeded our expectations. The teachers and administrators are excellent and the broad array of co-curricular activities and enrichment opportunities is astounding. I really think Jones Lane deserves a rating of 10 and I can't imagine sending my daughter to any other school. All students thrive at Jones Lane!

Posted September 11, 2009
My son is a first grader at Jones Lane. The teacher is wonderful. She made him feel welcome. The reading program is great. The reading and math programs are extremely strong. The expectations at Jones Lane for doing your best work and being a good citizen are extremely high and I appreciate that as a parent. Mrs. Sample the Principal is a great leader and fosters teamwork among the staff. I recommend this school

Posted May 01, 2009
My son has been attending JLES for three years. We come from DC and there is a big difference in MCPS. The staff is great, the school is clean and the staff cares about the students. My son has a learning disability and I feel the staff is there for him and not a pay check !

Posted April 01, 2009
My daughter is about to finish Kindergarten here and we have been thrilled with Jones Lane. Her teacher is excellent - we cannot believe the progress the students have made in terms of reading and writing ability. Her class is incredibly diverse (which we view as a positive) and all of the students seem to be making outstanding progress.

Posted March 10, 2009
We were new to the area and had investigated the many options. We came from a very good school district in PA and have found the Jones Lane to be outstanding. Ms. Jenkins is second to none. She is firm and compassionate. We have looked at private schools, but cannot imagine how the education could be better. I hope 3rd grade is as good. All of the students seem great and well behaved as well. Just a great system overall!

Posted June 11, 2008
the learning environment cant be beat. The teachers really do their job!

Jones Lane Elementary School

Posted March 13, 2008
Mrs. Carole Sample does not have a strong backbone when it comes to disciplining teachers who are incompetent and unprofessional. As long as you are a non-working parent with a lot of time on your hands, gossip with the front office, and talk about the students and parents of the school, you and your child(ren) will do fine. The teachers that are good do not get enough credit. The teachers that are unfit, are not addressed by the principal (remember she has no backbone). The principal is too worry of loosing frienships among her staff rather than making sure a child receives a good education. When you agree with everything, the teachers and principal are easy to talk to. Otherwise, prepare for major problems with the school.

Jones Lane Elementary School
15110 Jones Ln, Gaithersburg, MD  20878
Last modified Jones Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top