Bad
Good

I have been very impressed with this school the past three years. The staff has worked very hard to provide the students wtih unique opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. My 8th grader was able to take a college visit this year with her class and learn about what it takes to get into college. Over 200 students were able to go. This school continually works hard to make sure that students are getting everything they need to be a successful person.

I love the new courses that this school has added over the last two years such as, Film Studies, Robotics, Engineering and Lights, Camera and Literacy. The school has instituted a Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports Program and a ROARs program to recognize students for their academic and behavioral progress. The school is trying to help students think about college and provide them with the skills and study habits needed to be successful through the new AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program. The staff and students are working so hard to make this a great school for everyone.

Before my son started to attend this school I was worried because of the reviews. I am very skeptical. We are assigned this school so he had no choice but to attend here. My entire perception of this school was incorrect based on what I read. My son is very happy here. He constantly makes A's and when he does not I address it with his teachers who respond quickly. The principles has a zero tolerance for bullies. My son was bullied by one individual and we spoke to the principal about it. THat stopped totally. We Love this school.

This school is NOT good. they consistently score below Montgomery County and Maryland averages on the MSA. Teachers allow students to watch movies (Shrek, Akela and the Bee) in class so they can grade homework and tests. At one point my oldest daughter watched "Gone with the Wind" in history class so they could learn about the Civil War!. The honors and "advanced" classes are just in name only. There are no discriminators to determine if a student should be in an honors or advanced class. Both daughters were able to maintain straight "A" averages without having to study because the tests were so easy. We met with the teachers to see if they could challenge our girls in class, with homework, and tests and were told they are being challenged the same as everyone else. There is fighting a lot while students are waiting for buses in the afternoon and this year, 2 students were caught bringing pellet guns to school. If you are a parent who demands a safe, challenging, and enriched learning environment for your child AVOID this school.

the school is excellent it is very good cougars cougars !!!!!!!!!. the pe techer is not good

i think is a good school to put your kid they will help your kids alot

I went to Forest Oak Middle School last year... It is a wonderful school. The staff was great and they had a good relationship with all the students. I moved away for 7th grade, but I look forward to going back this year.

Safety and bullying are of great concern. Response from administration is lackluster.

I am a new student at forest oak I hav 2 say it is a great school to go to they hav wonderfull teachers it is a diverse and the students are freindly every you can ask for is at forest oak

Last modified Forest Oak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.