Gaithersburg, MD

Posted April 26, 2015
We love the school. Great teachers!!!!! Low student to teacher ratio. New principal is making great changes in schools. We also have special Ed classes and the teachers are simply amazing and dedicated. Wonder why school rates lower than other schools in the neighboring area.

Posted January 26, 2015
All 3 Kids had a great experience. Two have graduated college. One in college. Dufief prepared them for the future

Posted January 26, 2015
Great neighborhood school. New Principal has embraced new technology and kids have access to loads of updated resources. Music teacher (band/coral) - is awesome. Would like to see all schools in the area embrace language education opportunities before middle school.

Posted January 26, 2015
Great teachers, warm and caring environment, smart and happy kids. Dufief is great! We are so proud to have our 3 girls attend such a wonderful school!

Posted September 23, 2014
My son graduated from Dufief last year, great school!!! excellent education He is well prepared for Frost MS

Posted September 21, 2014
Our daughter has really excelled since starting at Dufief elemenatary. The teachers are fantastic, and are really attentive to the kids needs. The new curriculum challenges the children, but in a good way. The PTA is active but not pushy. The new principal Mr. Mascot is friendly and has brought good energry to the school. He always has a smile on his face and the children like him. A rating of 5/10 is completely wrong. The school is easily a 9 or 10!

Posted September 12, 2014
We sent two kids to Dufief where they received outstanding education. Both kids are in top Ivy league colleges. Thanks to Dufief for helping them build a strong foundation. Neither my wife nor I spent any time tutoring our kids. The teachers at Dufief played this role. We shall be eternally grateful to the teachers at Dufief.

Posted September 06, 2014
This school should definitely be rated higher. We sent our two kids to this school and the oldest just moved to Robert Frost and he is doing very good, a testament to the good education at Dufief. The teachers are great and very dedicated.

Posted August 24, 2014
I cannot understand how this school rating decreased from 7 to 5 it is said that it has improved with the new principal who's come with new ideas and dynamism. Both my children (2nd and 5th) were new to the state and the school last year and we felt welcome by the staff and the families. My 2nd yr old received a lot of support from the school counselor Ms Pope. She was great and so were my children's teachers. Very few times I felt that my teachers really know my children. 2013-2014 was one of our best years. We are very thankful to the dedication and support received. The school rating does not reflect the school's character and quality. The lowest I would rate this school is 9. We attended a Montgomery County school rated 9-10 last year and the environment was nothing like the family, small community we feel at DuFief. I am not in the PTA but I know the PTA is very active. I've enjoyed a number of extracurricular activities that they organized including a free Geography Club. The PTA is great, very committed parents.

Posted August 07, 2013
The scoring system is biased. It is unfair to the dedication and hard work of all the teachers of this school. It is extremely unfair to blame the former principle. This school has a special program for students with special needs. This is why there are about 10% of students are just at basic level.

Dufief Elementary School
15001 Dufief Dr, Gaithersburg, MD  20878
Last modified Dufief Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dufief Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top