Gaithersburg, MD

Gaithersburg Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This is a horrible school .. the only positive thing I can think of is if you teach/prepare your child at home, maybe the child will get into magnet program easily as there will be little or no competition from within the school and may get a good recommendation.

Gaithersburg Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2015
This school is horrible!! Coming down from Northern VA, my expectations were clearly high in regard to my childrens education. On the first day of school my 7 year old daughter comes home to tell me her teacher told them; her class will NOT be having homework all year round...how is this even possible!I went to an open house to observe how my kids were being taught, all I saw were these apperantly "nice teachers" who kept screaming at the children with no rational reason, not to mention a teacher did not let a student go to the restroom (we're talking about kindergarten here) During lunch the teachers let the students go on their behalf to the cafeteria while they chatted away and enjoyed their lunch. I can go on with a bigger list of incidents at this school...Overall my kids have been here for less than a year and I am extremely unsatisfied. I'm not sure who hires these so called "teachers". They really need to step up their A game and actually start teaching these students something!

Posted September 10, 2014
My son as been in this school since preschool, it's a great school with friendly and knowledgeable teachers.He is doing great academically and making friend's, there is no place we will rather be but G.E.C.

Posted November 23, 2013
Great, dedicated teachers. All three of my children had great experiences. The principal is wonderful and caring, and the school is cheerful and bright.

Posted November 03, 2013
We couldn't be happier with the education and care our children have gotten at GES. The principal, Stephanie Brant, is smart, caring and helpful. Almost all of the teachers we have dealt with have been terrific. People sometimes ask me how my kids do at GES -- they are blond-haired, blue-eyed boys in a school that's very multi-culti. The answer is: They do great! We value the diversity and appreciate all that our boys learn about other cultures. I do wish there were more ways for parents to get involved, but that's not a huge issue. My involvement has been welcomed, and I've been as involved as I can for a working mom. Also, one of my sons has a learning issue, and the school was so helpful in finding him resources and creating an IEP. In short, we're thrilled with GES.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2011
DEFIANTLY RECOMMENDED! My child attended GES from Pre-K to 4th grade. It is a fantastic school! I can't remember one bad teacher; actually there wasn't any! They were all funny or kind, or serious but not mean! But they sure did teach well! I have to other children who didn't have one problem when they were at this school. Wonderful school!

Gaithersburg Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2010
A fantastic school with great teachers. We were hesitant at first but the county supports this diverse school population incredibly well. Our kids needed a higher more demanding curriculum than the rest of the student body and the great teachers there teamed up and found the solution that fit each kid. Even the lack of parental involvment is improving quickly. Great school. Thanks GES.

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted December 11, 2007

Posted August 09, 2005
My daughter attended Kindergarten at Gaithersburg Elementary for the 2004-05 school year. She also attended the ELO program during the summer of 2004. I was truly impressed with the ELO program and how the program helped prepare my daughter for kindergarten. When she started Kindergarten in the fall, her teacher, Ms. Day, was simply wonderful with her. My daughter loved her so much that she often called me Ms. Day at home. My daughter is reading and writing short sentences. She has excellent math skills as well. Our family has relocated to NC due to military orders. I am hopeful that the school she will attend here will be half as good as GES. Thank you: Ms. Jones, Mr. Rowe, Ms. Day and the wonderful staff at GES. Thank you for giving my daughter a great foundation and introduction to school!

Gaithersburg Elementary School
35 North Summit Ave, Gaithersburg, MD  20877
Last modified Gaithersburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gaithersburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top