Bad
Good

It is a great school with excellent teachers. The fact that it offers Foreign Language as additional subject is great.

I personally think gaithersburg middle school was okay. The only problem I had going there was that they DIDN'T enforce the dress policy to everyone. I coudn't were shorts or a tank top because I had "to much to show" & "it would be 'distracting' to others" but then when another person who (not to be mean) had less or nothing came along they could where ANYTHING they wanted and they would say absolutley nothing to them. & When my friend & I went to say something they wouldn't do anything about it. They would just push it aside as if it didn't matter. Other than that though, it's a very good school. Like the person below me said... Security was GREAT. (:

I loved gaithersburg middle. i went their last year, the teachers were great and they were always there to help out. Security was awsome to. I miss my old school. I woold like to go back. Class of 2013~!~ :)

The building is very old. I know this because one of the teacher's said that she went there. However, it's a great school and everyday I wanna go back.

I found that as a minority parent, you don't have the same quality of treatment as some of the non-minority parents. Teachers tend to believe 'let them fail' to learn how to turn in assignments on time ( and become independent). Also, if your child has a 504 plan, forget about getting help from the counselor. I had to demand a meeting several times before I finally had one. After about a month following the meeting , there was no follow up with my child on helping him to stay organized and help with turning in assignments on time; consequently, my child ended up with bad grades. I feel as though when a student has failed, the teachers/staff/leadership has failed to meet the student's needs. This school's ratings should be a negative 1.

I loved Gaithersburg middle school I thougth it was a exellent school.

I love where i go to school. I go to school at Gaithersburg Middle School. why our teachers care about what grades we get. the care if something happens. they try there best to take care of every sigle one of us. I love my school because we have character. like responsibility,citizenship,caring,respect,fairness,trustworthiness.

Poor quality leadership. The student body is full of gang issues and behavior problems. Leadership changes frequently. Building in poor condition and security staff is not acceptable. The teachers are low quality and the good ones get out when they can more to another school in a better area. Stay away from the Bridge Program.

Last modified Gaithersburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.