Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted April 05, 2013
It is a great school with excellent teachers. The fact that it offers Foreign Language as additional subject is great.

Gaithersburg Middle School 3

Posted June 08, 2010
I personally think gaithersburg middle school was okay. The only problem I had going there was that they DIDN'T enforce the dress policy to everyone. I coudn't were shorts or a tank top because I had "to much to show" & "it would be 'distracting' to others" but then when another person who (not to be mean) had less or nothing came along they could where ANYTHING they wanted and they would say absolutley nothing to them. & When my friend & I went to say something they wouldn't do anything about it. They would just push it aside as if it didn't matter. Other than that though, it's a very good school. Like the person below me said... Security was GREAT. (:

Posted December 20, 2009
I loved gaithersburg middle. i went their last year, the teachers were great and they were always there to help out. Security was awsome to. I miss my old school. I woold like to go back. Class of 2013~!~ :)

Gaithersburg Middle School 3

Posted September 12, 2009
The building is very old. I know this because one of the teacher's said that she went there. However, it's a great school and everyday I wanna go back.

Gaithersburg Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2009
I found that as a minority parent, you don't have the same quality of treatment as some of the non-minority parents. Teachers tend to believe 'let them fail' to learn how to turn in assignments on time ( and become independent). Also, if your child has a 504 plan, forget about getting help from the counselor. I had to demand a meeting several times before I finally had one. After about a month following the meeting , there was no follow up with my child on helping him to stay organized and help with turning in assignments on time; consequently, my child ended up with bad grades. I feel as though when a student has failed, the teachers/staff/leadership has failed to meet the student's needs. This school's ratings should be a negative 1.

Posted May 30, 2009
I loved Gaithersburg middle school I thougth it was a exellent school.

Posted September 09, 2008
I love where i go to school. I go to school at Gaithersburg Middle School. why our teachers care about what grades we get. the care if something happens. they try there best to take care of every sigle one of us. I love my school because we have character. like responsibility,citizenship,caring,respect,fairness,trustworthiness.

Gaithersburg Middle School 1

Posted November 11, 2007
Poor quality leadership. The student body is full of gang issues and behavior problems. Leadership changes frequently. Building in poor condition and security staff is not acceptable. The teachers are low quality and the good ones get out when they can more to another school in a better area. Stay away from the Bridge Program.

Gaithersburg Middle School 4

Posted May 22, 2006
Quality of Education is great! Diversity of the school has worked great for success.

Posted May 17, 2006
I have been at GMS for 3 years and still amazed at how close the staff is and how active the parents are. I still don't understand where the 'bad'rap came from for this school. The kids are awsome, the parents want the best, and the staff is out-of-this world. I would have no problem sending my kid to this school.

2 Teachers' Way, Gaithersburg, MD  20877
Last modified Gaithersburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.