Bad
Good

Posted May 17, 2015
Worst administration. Zero accountability, horrible work ethics. My son who is 4 y/o autistic child going to CAPP program at Rosemont ES. He went missing twice under the care of Rosemont s staff. One time in the cafeteria, they later found him in the opposite side of the building. Then second time was at dismissal, he walked off the bus and wandered around the neighborhood. Luckily, a parent found him and brought him back to school. Please note that he is a 4y/o autistic child who is unable to communicate. Worst of all, the accountability level is none. The case manager informed me that since he was handed to the bus driver, it is not longer the school s responsibility. How irresponsible is that if my son is still under their care and the bus parked right in front of the school? Please alert the community. I hope it won t happen to another child.

Posted April 24, 2015
Administration is one of the worst in the county. The children are wonderful but there is no support for staff.

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is awesome I went there before. i was there when i was in 3rd grade through 5th grade best school because of my

Posted June 19, 2014
Horrible administration that treats their teachers terribly and runs them out. Kids and parents are great though

Rosemont Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2014
Teachers here are wonderful and very committed to their students. Unfortunately, the administration leaves much to be desired, they are inexperienced and unprofessional.

Posted October 20, 2013
My daughter just started at Rosemont. We've been very happy with her teacher, the principle and front office staff- pretty much everyone we've interacted with. The PTA is very involved and there are a lot of extra activities for the kids to participate in.

Posted June 16, 2010
I am very happy with the teachers. They sure do their jobs very well. I'll keep my son there.

Posted March 03, 2010
We have been at Rosemont for a year now and are very happy with it. I like the diversity of students, the teachers, the staff, the principal, the extras added to the after school programs, and there are several, and I like that they strive to be academically competitive. Mostly, however, I like that my kids like it. Every day they are excited to go to school. We wanted a 'small town' environment for our family and the school fits that image.

Rosemont Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
We are very happy with the programming; teachers and administrators at Rosemont. The school is already great, having extra programming (ELO), highly trained teachers and a good, diverse group of kids, but it is still getting better with a flourishing PTA and after-school extracurriculars coming in (foreign language and science). This is the kind of school that a child can feel and gain confidence going in. The kids are generally kind and not cliquish like other schools seem to be. And, it's the kind of school that a good student can shine in rather than get lost in the competition and pressure. It's truly a gem in a public school system which is best in the country... providing a real comfortable place for a child to learn and grow. Whatever slight disadvantages might be obvious, they are superbly outweighed by the advantages of Rosemont and it's getting better every day!

Rosemont Elementary School

Posted June 11, 2009
I love Rosemont. My children love Rosemont. I live in Rockville, so when I moved there, I didn't understand why we were routed to a Gaithersburg school, but I have no issues with the school at all. The teachers are amazing, my daughter was reading her second week in the ELO (early learning opportunity) BEFORE she started Kindergarten and this past year she has thrived beyond my wildest expectation. She is testing in second grade math and reading currently. I adore her teacher. All of the enrichment programs are incredible. I like the mix of children as well. Very diverse. The small class sizes and personal attention are very attractive. I am confident we are in the right school.

Rosemont Elementary School
16400 Alden Ave, Gaithersburg, MD  20877
Last modified Rosemont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.