Gaithersburg, MD

Washington Grove Elementary School 5

Posted January 23, 2012
My daughter has gone here from K - 5 and my son is now in 1st grade at WGES. The teachers and staff are caring, involved, enthusiastic individuals, truly working toward development of the whole child. My children have loved each and every one of their teachers and I've been impressed with them all as well. They are attentive and communicative, answering emails, mostly the same day! The test scores they achieve are phenomenal, especially given the predominant economic level in this neighborhood. The school is tucked away from the beaten path and I feel my kids are safe there. It's very easy to be an involved parent here, unfortunately, you'll be one of the very, very few, but those involved are a dedicated bunch! Maybe it's a cultural thing. The school is welcoming to involved parents.

Washington Grove Elementary School 5

Posted December 20, 2011
Wonderful school! They have a great GT program and really work individually with all students. Teacher's are always available for conferences and they answer their emails promptly.

Washington Grove Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2011
I believe this school can work better with the parents to help our children succeed in there studies. If you have a child with ADHD they single that child out from all the others. I also believe by increasing the amount of students per class will only delay our children's ability to achieve. There needs to be more talk about students achievements. Like phone calls when your child does great not just when they are in trouble.

Washington Grove Elementary School 1

Posted March 06, 2010

Washington Grove Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2009
My son started school here 1 year ago. The school system is great, they ensure your child is given work to meet their demand. They do not keep back any child from progressing at advanced grades and I love the system they have in place.

Washington Grove Elementary School
8712 Oakmont St, Gaithersburg, MD  20877
Last modified Washington Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top