Bad
Good

We were hesitant to send our children here at first due to the lack of diversity and low "grade". Since sending our children here 3 years ago we have been nothing but completely pleased! The classrooms are diverse, the staff is amazing and the students are lovely. I love the small class size (typically around 15)! The teachers are so dedicated and each child gets LOTS of one on one attention. We have been nothing short of amazed at the wonderful things going on at this school!!!! When your child comes home and teaches you the "little bit" of Japanese, Chinese and Spanish they learned that day from friends-it's really neat! Our children have been (and continue to be) FAR above grade level in reading and math. Don't let that "5" scare you- it's a terribly misleading score for such an amazing school.

My daughter has gone here from K - 5 and my son is now in 1st grade at WGES. The teachers and staff are caring, involved, enthusiastic individuals, truly working toward development of the whole child. My children have loved each and every one of their teachers and I've been impressed with them all as well. They are attentive and communicative, answering emails, mostly the same day! The test scores they achieve are phenomenal, especially given the predominant economic level in this neighborhood. The school is tucked away from the beaten path and I feel my kids are safe there. It's very easy to be an involved parent here, unfortunately, you'll be one of the very, very few, but those involved are a dedicated bunch! Maybe it's a cultural thing. The school is welcoming to involved parents.

Wonderful school! They have a great GT program and really work individually with all students. Teacher's are always available for conferences and they answer their emails promptly.

I believe this school can work better with the parents to help our children succeed in there studies. If you have a child with ADHD they single that child out from all the others. I also believe by increasing the amount of students per class will only delay our children's ability to achieve. There needs to be more talk about students achievements. Like phone calls when your child does great not just when they are in trouble.

My son started school here 1 year ago. The school system is great, they ensure your child is given work to meet their demand. They do not keep back any child from progressing at advanced grades and I love the system they have in place.

Last modified Washington Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.