Gambrills, MD
Students enrolled: 1,963

Posted August 07, 2014
My cousin just graduated from Arundel and most of my family went there, including my father. I just recently moved to an Anne Arundel County high school (Severna Park) from A Montgomery County high school. All of my family loved this school and say everything about it is amazing. It has a very good reputation too. Its known as one of the best high schools in the area. At my current high school (Severna Park), this high school is noted as a good school too. Keep up the good work, Arundel!

Arundel High School 1

Posted March 06, 2014
Our experience with our High School aged children was difficult. The school does not offer any TAG or MAGNET type programs to challenge children with higher IQ's. Every time we had a meeting at the school you had to get through students they had working at the administrative desks to try and attend those meetings. If I had it to do over again I would have paid for private schooling. I was shocked to see that this school has a 9 rating, which makes me question other places.

Arundel High School 4

Posted February 06, 2014
The school has created a stimulating learning environment . There is a selection of dedicated & talented teachers and they continue to take on the challenges on an ever changing education system. I believe that with increased parent involvement and more effective teacher enrichment programs, the school can continue on its journey to greatness!

Posted April 07, 2013
I am currently a junior at Arundel High School. I think Arundel High has to be one of the best in the state. The principal truly fights to have more programs for students, including the one hour lunch period, "Wildcat Hour." The new science wing, and cafeteria expansion are a beautiful set to the school. The rules are strictly enforced. Although, there are some snobby sports kids at Arundel, it doesn't stop it from being one of the best in the state. Most of the teachers make learning fun. The only improvement I have is to modernize the other parts of the school building. They don't have to tear it down, they could just expand like they did when they built the new science wing, and the new half of the cafeteria. The could just modernize the inside on the old parts of the building like they currently doing with the auditorium.

Posted February 15, 2013
Arundel offers many opportunities to students. The course selections are immense. Wildcat hour helps students fit in extracurricular activity during the school day, get tutoring, or begin homework early. The coffee with the Principal that is held every two months is invaluable. I have two children at the high school and believe they are getting a well-rounded, strong education. They will be well-prepared for the rigors of college.

Posted May 04, 2011
I am a parent who volunteers in the front office and I have seen how PASSIONATE the principal is about these kids' education! She fights for the children even if the parents don't. That's why she has been voted best principal by the Washington Post and the school was voted most improved for this school year. She even holds "Coffee with the Principal" on a regular basis to keep communications open. One of the science teachers was just honored by President Obama for her work at the school. The music department has just won state's honors. The sports teams are top notch. The staff works diligently to provide the kids with the best and safest learning environment. Impressed yet? I continue to be!

Arundel High School 1

Posted April 08, 2010
the food stinks and the leadership at this school is lacking. the fights that occur is unreal. by pass arundel when driving

Posted April 02, 2010

Posted March 09, 2010
I believe the current principal is the ideal person to lead this school. She relates in a unique way to all strata of the student population, and is an inspirational leader to its faculty and staff.

Arundel High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
The school and teachers are great but the 'principal' is loud, rude and very 'red-neckish', not at all a professional. I have witnessed her on a 'rampage' in the main office more than once and doesn't seem to care who is listening, including parents. Arundel's image is deffinately taking a hit with this one!

Arundel High School
1001 Annapolis Rd, Gambrills, MD  21054
Last modified Arundel High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arundel High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top