Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is our 3rd year with my daughter and my son is starting next year. Great teachers working really hard. Everyone seems very involved. The School always have activities and communication with parents is excellent . I would say some parents are not participating as they should.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I can see it in my daughter her friends and my neighbors. It is a great school but parents are not participating as much

A parent My son is in the 4th grade and in the middle of the school year I am in the process of removing him from this school. He has only attended here for one week prior to us moving into this area. There are 4th grade children that like to bully others for fun. I have low tolerance for bullying. I will do any and everything to get him out of there. To me, the staff members do not seem as though they take things like this very seriously. For a little girl to come to my son indicating that she will get her gang on him and its real is not the environment I feel safe and comfortable for my son to be in. The caliber of people going to this particular school just seems like very troublesome children. I am a well involved parent and if I were you the piece of advice I will give to you is look into the school you put your child and children in because every Montgomery Co. School is not a good school.

I have had four kids attend Daly- two that are now graduated from High School and two currently attending- so I am a long time Daly parent. The current principal and vice principal are fantastic. We have had wonderful teachers who take an interest in my children and help them play to their strengths. There were two very rude front office staff that have since been replaced so that problem is solved. The biggest problem ( in my opinion) is that overall parent participation is very low. PTA is poorly attended with a core group of about ten people carrying the load. Staff and administration can only do so much without solid support of parents. This is a title one school and very diverse.

Worst school ever, don't complain to them they will take on you kids. They label kids and stress them. They call you for anything. Don't send your kids there I was just waiting for the end of the year to move my kids.

Two of my kids went to Daly Elementary and they loved it. It is a great school, great teachers, the principal is very involved and caring. Both of my kids received a tailored education that catered to their needs. For instance they were placed in a higher Math class since first grade. When my eldest started Middle school, he skipped six grade math and reading and he started directly in seventh grade math and reading. I think the staff, the teachers are very caring and my kids would not have been able to succeed without the teachers at Daly. We were very involved with the school and the PTA as the school cannot achieve much without the parents full dedication and involvement. Thank you Mrs. Dietz for all your hard work!

Great School, my attends Daly and he loves it. We move dto the are in 2008 and we love it here. The teachers are great and the school principal is very dedicated with years of hands on experience in the education field. My son progressed very nicely in both reading and Math and he loves the extracurricular activities offered at Daly. He loved Mrs. Sheinen, his second grade teacher, her kindness and her generosity has had a long lasting impact on him. I also like the teacher's willingness to cooperate with the parents to help students succeed. Their willingness to communicate with the parents. I think more parents involvement would be very beneficial. Thank you Daly for making every child a Daly success!

Really great school, with teachers and an administration that care about my child. My daughter has progressed nicely, even in math. We've been at the school for 3 years, and are very pleased with the academics, teachers, and administration.

the badest school in maryland big bullying problem and awful staff the bullying realy bad i had too take my kid defence classes. REALY BAD SCHOOL

The people in the administrative office need to look into their attitude the way they speak to parents especially when they need to remind parents of the rules and regulations. Not all we parents can remember what the rules are at the school. Have some respect when talking to parents, you cannot be talking to a parent like your talking to a child when telling a parent about your rules. Some training needs to be done, the tone really matters when talking to someone....some of us know this through experience....am glad this the last year for my kids to attend this school. I have experienced this with the admin office several times....this is disrespectful!!

Last modified Captain James E. Daly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.