Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The Teachers are great! They try their very best to create a good environment for the kids. However it is very obvious that the only goal the head of the school has is to get as much funding as possible. Even if it means keeping the kids education level and grades low to receive the extra funding for this Title 1 school.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Most times bullying is ignored. And parents are told its due to not enough staff. Not true! Need to spend time with children to teach right and wrong way to behave in school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

All about getting the extra funding even to the point of keeping kids grades and education low to keep charter status.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Kids are not taught values. All kids need to fend for themselves.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are very good at their job. Loving and yet tough when needed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not enough homework given. Most days not at all.

This is our 3rd year with my daughter and my son is starting next year. Great teachers working really hard. Everyone seems very involved. The School always have activities and communication with parents is excellent . I would say some parents are not participating as they should.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I can see it in my daughter her friends and my neighbors. It is a great school but parents are not participating as much

A parent My son is in the 4th grade and in the middle of the school year I am in the process of removing him from this school. He has only attended here for one week prior to us moving into this area. There are 4th grade children that like to bully others for fun. I have low tolerance for bullying. I will do any and everything to get him out of there. To me, the staff members do not seem as though they take things like this very seriously. For a little girl to come to my son indicating that she will get her gang on him and its real is not the environment I feel safe and comfortable for my son to be in. The caliber of people going to this particular school just seems like very troublesome children. I am a well involved parent and if I were you the piece of advice I will give to you is look into the school you put your child and children in because every Montgomery Co. School is not a good school.

I have had four kids attend Daly- two that are now graduated from High School and two currently attending- so I am a long time Daly parent. The current principal and vice principal are fantastic. We have had wonderful teachers who take an interest in my children and help them play to their strengths. There were two very rude front office staff that have since been replaced so that problem is solved. The biggest problem ( in my opinion) is that overall parent participation is very low. PTA is poorly attended with a core group of about ten people carrying the load. Staff and administration can only do so much without solid support of parents. This is a title one school and very diverse.

Last modified Captain James E. Daly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.