Captain James E. Daly Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
Worst school ever, don't complain to them they will take on you kids. They label kids and stress them. They call you for anything. Don't send your kids there I was just waiting for the end of the year to move my kids.

Posted September 30, 2013
Two of my kids went to Daly Elementary and they loved it. It is a great school, great teachers, the principal is very involved and caring. Both of my kids received a tailored education that catered to their needs. For instance they were placed in a higher Math class since first grade. When my eldest started Middle school, he skipped six grade math and reading and he started directly in seventh grade math and reading. I think the staff, the teachers are very caring and my kids would not have been able to succeed without the teachers at Daly. We were very involved with the school and the PTA as the school cannot achieve much without the parents full dedication and involvement. Thank you Mrs. Dietz for all your hard work!

Posted September 30, 2013
Great School, my attends Daly and he loves it. We move dto the are in 2008 and we love it here. The teachers are great and the school principal is very dedicated with years of hands on experience in the education field. My son progressed very nicely in both reading and Math and he loves the extracurricular activities offered at Daly. He loved Mrs. Sheinen, his second grade teacher, her kindness and her generosity has had a long lasting impact on him. I also like the teacher's willingness to cooperate with the parents to help students succeed. Their willingness to communicate with the parents. I think more parents involvement would be very beneficial. Thank you Daly for making every child a Daly success!

Posted August 28, 2013
Really great school, with teachers and an administration that care about my child. My daughter has progressed nicely, even in math. We've been at the school for 3 years, and are very pleased with the academics, teachers, and administration.

Captain James E. Daly Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2013
the badest school in maryland big bullying problem and awful staff the bullying realy bad i had too take my kid defence classes. REALY BAD SCHOOL

Captain James E. Daly Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2013
The people in the administrative office need to look into their attitude the way they speak to parents especially when they need to remind parents of the rules and regulations. Not all we parents can remember what the rules are at the school. Have some respect when talking to parents, you cannot be talking to a parent like your talking to a child when telling a parent about your rules. Some training needs to be done, the tone really matters when talking to someone....some of us know this through experience....am glad this the last year for my kids to attend this school. I have experienced this with the admin office several times....this is disrespectful!!

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is amazing and teacher co-operation in academic Improvements with student / child great.

Posted April 08, 2013
I am very happy with my kid 's teacher ...she is too good, always be in touch with parents about what is being teaching at the classes and upcoming projects students are going to do. I am very much satisfied with this school.

Posted January 19, 2012
The staff, teachers and principal are very positive and responsive. In kindergarten (last year) my daughter was being bullied, and when the teacher was made aware, she initiated bully awareness in her classroom. The principal was proactive in this case. While I have heard about bad experiences from other parents, I have never been exposed to any negativity in this school. I highly recommend Daly and suggest you experience yourself to form your own opinion.

Captain James E. Daly Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2011
I have found in the 3 years that I have been part of the Daly community that the administration is extremely responsive to the needs of all of the different families within the community, as long as the issue is brought up to the administration appropriately. The negative reviews are a result of parents not taking a leading role in their child's education. The school is forbidden to communicate actions in the case of bullying and a parent that work's with a student at home will see that completing homework is difficult. I have had to deal with both issues and as long as the I have communicated with the school, the school has responded in a genuinely caring and effective manner. Teacher's as a whole are gravely underappreciated and the negative reviews of Daly from last year misrepresent the administration and staff at Daly as a whole.

Captain James E. Daly Elementary School
20301 Brandermill Dr, Germantown, MD  20876
Last modified Captain James E. Daly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Captain James E. Daly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top