Great Seneca Creek Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 764 students

Posted May 30, 2014

I have 3 boys at GSCES and my oldest is finishing his 5th grade year. We have loved GSCES and the community of families. The staff at the creek have been amazing. My son went through some difficult health issues and his teacher and staff were so kind, caring, and helpful in caring for him! I highly recommend this school. And the way to get he best out of your child's school is to be involved- volunteer at the school, and join the PTA. You won't regret putting your child in GSCES!

Posted May 29, 2014

My son was a member of the first graduating class from GSCES. He enjoyed his time at the school and thought it was a fun learning environment. As a parent, I like the diversity at the school. The school population reflects the area we live in.

Posted May 29, 2014

Great Seneca Creek is a wonderful learning establishment. My daughter is moving up to middle school at the end of this year and gets tears in her eyes when she thinks about leaving the best school ever! The staff is so caring and the administration is awesome. I served in the PTA Board of Directors so I had a front row seat to what happens behind the scenes and was amazed at how well the school is run. The Bullfrogs are taught from the beginning to be safe, responsible and respectful!

Posted May 29, 2014

My oldest son has attended this school K-5, and my youngest is in kindergarten there. We absolutely love GSCES. The teachers and principal are extremely dedicated, progressive, and just amazing! The technology advances in the last few years have been phenomenal. The curriculum is rigorous while not allowing kids to get lost in the shuffle. My oldest is definitely prepared for middle school, and the leaps and bounds my youngest have made this year under the nurturing guidance of the kindergarten team blows my mind! The PTA and parent support is second to none. My kids love this school and so do I. I am proud to have my children going to GSCES and am happy to be an active member of the PTA. The school spirit is so infectious! GSCES make learning fun!!! Go Bullfrogs!!!

Posted May 29, 2014

GSCES provided my kids with a great educational foundation -- it's a strong school community. Parents, teachers and administration were caring and involved -- there's a great sense of teamwork. Core academics are balanced with unique hands-on arts, sports, science, service and club opportunities to benefit all types of learners. Germantown is one of the most diverse communities in the US and the school population is a great reflection of that.

Posted May 29, 2014

I am so grateful that my kids go to Great Seneca Creek. The community that is this school is like nothing I've ever seen. The level of staff support, parent involvement and administrative leadership makes this a wonderful elementary school. My oldest is leaving to go to middle school next year and I know he has a strong foundation for success due to all he has learned and experience at Great Seneca Creek.

Posted May 29, 2014

We have two kids at Great Seneca Creek (4th and 5th grade) and I couldn't be happier with the teachers, the parent involvement and progress of our kids. The school has amazing technical resources to promote digital learning, and the teachers do a fantastic job of engaging kids across all of the core subject matters. The school has a huge list of Fall and Spring after school clubs (most are free or have a nominal cost) to encourage kids to spend time doing things they love (ranging from Tennis, Yoga, Sports, Math, Reading, Legos, and the list goes on). I can't think of a better school for my kids!

Posted May 29, 2014

I have 2 kids at Great Seneca Creek ES - amazing staff and great quality instruction, high tech classrooms, LEED certified facility that makes use of all "green" technology. Great environment.

Posted May 28, 2014

Great Seneca Creek Elementary School has wonderful teachers and a great principal. Both of our kids were at GSCES from Kindergarten through 5th grade. I volunteered at the school every week for 7 years so I got to know many of the teachers. I was continually impressed with the teaching at the Creek. Our kids and their friends loved the Creek. GSCES is a gold certified LEED school.

Posted May 28, 2014

My school is a great neighborhood school. The teachers are fantastic, the principal has a good handle on the school and the kids are really learning.

Posted May 28, 2014

I had 2 boys "graduate" from GSCES and it they both loved it. Highly recommend!

Posted May 28, 2014

Great Seneca elementary is a large elementary school with a small school feeling. You always feel welcome and wanted there. The teachers are amazing!!!! I had 2 kids go through there and out of all the teachers I was only slightly unhappy with one and it was because she was so new and inexperienced. Now she is amazing and experienced. I love the safe, respectful and responsible mantra. It has stuck with my middle and high schooler!

Posted January 9, 2014

This school have been great! My son started there when it was fist built., he is not in high school and my daughter is in 5th grade. I've postponed moving so that my daughter can complete her elementary education there.

Posted January 8, 2014

This school has a wonderful principal, an excellent staff, and a strong PTA. My children love the super-fun activities like Bingo Night, Math night, and the Back to School picnic. The staff runs a school-wide incentive program that recognizes students' good behavior for being respectful, responsible, and safe. The students earn bullfrog bucks to spend in the school store. All of the teachers that my children have had have been good and three stand out as being exceptional. Overall, I am happy with the education that my children are getting and they enjoy attending Great Seneca Creek everyday.

Posted November 23, 2013

GSC is a great school. My son is in his 3rd year there and is doing great. His kindergarten teacher was by far the most compassionate teacher I have met she took time out of her day everyday after school to help my son become a better reader. All the teachers are great and really care about the kids.

Posted February 8, 2013

I used to love GSC. My son graduated in 2010 from second grade to fifth no problem. My daughter from kindergarden to up until she reached fourth grade. Then she started having a lot of problems with other students calling her names. I didnt like the way some of the teachers handled the issue. I have a big problem with the vice principal. She's rude and she talks to my daughter like she is an adult. She doesnt talk to me and she skips my car everytime I am on the car rider line to pick up my dautghter. Who does that? So unprofessional, I can not wait for my daughter to be done with that school. I know for sure I dont have to see her face ever again.

Posted January 22, 2013

This school is AMAZING! I am a former student there and when I was there I had the time of my life. Great Seneca Creek changed the way that I thought about learning. Their teachers and staff are attentive and helpful. During the time I spent there I only saw one physical altercation. Other than that there was no problems. The school has cool technology such as netbooks and promethean boards but does not over use them. The old principal Mr. Edmundson was AMAZING. And I hear that the new principal Mr. Curry is well liked. The food there was good but not gourmet. Students there could sometimes be rowdy but that was mostly with the younger kids. Overall GSCES was an awesome experience and I wish that I culd go back and relive the time that I spent there. You will enjoy your time there just as much as I did. GO BULLFROGS!!!

Posted January 4, 2013

This school is excellent. It has advanced technology and experienced staff and is also the new principal of the school is amazing.

Posted October 28, 2012

Great Seneca Creek has fantastic teachers and staff!! We are an original Bullfrog family and couldn't be happier with the quality of education and support our children have received throughout the years. There is a definite sense of community from the moment you walk through the doors. The Creek is more than a great school. It's a great family!!!

Posted October 12, 2012

GSCES is an AMAZING school! My children love going each and every day! The teachers are wonderful.. My children are in 2nd grade and I can honestly say we have loved all of their teachers. All of the staff and PTA are awesome as well :-) I don't have one complaint! I give this school 5 stars all the way!!

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

147 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Maryland used the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The MSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2014.

110 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2014.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 18% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 33%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

13010 Dairymaid Dr