Bad
Good

I am a student in the 6th grade I do not like this school very much, the bus drivers cuss, my classes are too easy, there are too many people who aren't there to learn, most teachers only care about doing there job and not really helping students, we're broke, kids are violent, teachers do nothing to break up fights, and the other people in lots of my classes are not in my level!!!

This is a great school with incredible teachers & effective principal and great diversity in student population. AYP (MSA) - This is one of the 3 middle school in the cluster that made the AYP in 2009-10. No other Germantown Middle School managed that. SPORTS - Very strong sports teams and poms. SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS and CLUBS - National Junior Honor Society, Hispanic Honors Society, SGA, Green Team, Chess Club, Math Team, Horse Riding, Drama Club, Drumline, Good Knights etc... There is something for everyone. COMMUNICATION - A ton of info on the school website (finalist for best of MCPS web), which is constantly getting updated, a list serve, weekly Connect Eds, morning announcements are on the website. Edline gets updated frequently, Teachers are very responsive with emails and phonecalls. PTSA newsletter is online, as well as gets emailed. DISCIPLINE - Principal is tough and transparent. Incidents at the school are reported & communicated openly. Bullying and discipline problems not tolerated. Problem students & their parents may be inconvenienced ACADEMICS - One of top MD schools in JHU-CTY. "Straight A" dinners for students. Many magnet HS school acceptances/ wp.

I used to attend this public school, and all I can say is it was terrible. There was horrible bullying, children skipped classes all the time, the teachers were incompetent pushovers. On the parents visiting day, where parents could sit in the classrooms during class, my parents caught my advanced level math teacher making many mistakes. There was drinking, drug use, and many pregnancy rumors about SIXTH GRADERS. I left after two months to be homeschooled and am now trying to transfer schools.

hi i am currently a student at neelsville and i love it but there is some fights and flaws at the school but the principal handles it. Overall the school is great!

Strict and effective Principal. Teachers are just amazing. Parent involvement will be given low scores. While parents will participate in fund raisers and such, they are not there in significant numbers for school volunteering. The PTSA has grown from 0 to around 60 in the last 2 years and that's a good sign.

I'm a student attending Neelsville, and currently in the 6th grade. I will admit the school has some flaws, but nothing is perfect. Overall, the teachers are very helpful, but at the same time strict. The principal is very tough, yet she cares about the students and the staff. I have a lot of great friends that go to this school, and have met many others. I'm looking forward to my next 2 years at this school.

I am a parent of a current (caucasion) 8th grader, who is a honors student after coming into this school from private school in 7th grade. He has received better instruction here, more help offered and genuine caring than at the private school. My husband and I have a great relationship with the principal and every single one of his teachers, because we make it clear to them that they can contact us anytime! We make ourselves available and back them 100%. Edline is always updated and emails answered usually within hours. The principal may not be the lovey dovey type personality, she's tough and she cares about every single one of her students. The poor reviewers...those people are more than likely not involved at all and are relying solely on the school to do everything for them. Schools these days just can't do that nor should they have to.

hi im a student attending this school and i love it.the whole school ,the teachers ,and student body.im a 6th grade and i'm looking forward to my next 2 years

My child has been a student at Neelsville for the last 2 years and has done an outstanding job. The principal keeps us informed about weekly events and has informed us about the IB programs in the area. My daughter has been on the honor roll for the last 2 years and we are pleased with her prgress. She went to Montreal with her class last year and had a fantastic time. The trip was well planed. Kudos to the staff at Neelsville.

awful! The principle and her staff are terrible and shouldn't be allowed to continue!

Last modified Neelsville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.