Neelsville Middle School 3

Posted April 27, 2014
I am a student in the 6th grade I do not like this school very much, the bus drivers cuss, my classes are too easy, there are too many people who aren't there to learn, most teachers only care about doing there job and not really helping students, we're broke, kids are violent, teachers do nothing to break up fights, and the other people in lots of my classes are not in my level!!!

Posted March 16, 2011
This is a great school with incredible teachers & effective principal and great diversity in student population. AYP (MSA) - This is one of the 3 middle school in the cluster that made the AYP in 2009-10. No other Germantown Middle School managed that. SPORTS - Very strong sports teams and poms. SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS and CLUBS - National Junior Honor Society, Hispanic Honors Society, SGA, Green Team, Chess Club, Math Team, Horse Riding, Drama Club, Drumline, Good Knights etc... There is something for everyone. COMMUNICATION - A ton of info on the school website (finalist for best of MCPS web), which is constantly getting updated, a list serve, weekly Connect Eds, morning announcements are on the website. Edline gets updated frequently, Teachers are very responsive with emails and phonecalls. PTSA newsletter is online, as well as gets emailed. DISCIPLINE - Principal is tough and transparent. Incidents at the school are reported & communicated openly. Bullying and discipline problems not tolerated. Problem students & their parents may be inconvenienced ACADEMICS - One of top MD schools in JHU-CTY. "Straight A" dinners for students. Many magnet HS school acceptances/ wp.

Neelsville Middle School 2

Posted March 05, 2011
I used to attend this public school, and all I can say is it was terrible. There was horrible bullying, children skipped classes all the time, the teachers were incompetent pushovers. On the parents visiting day, where parents could sit in the classrooms during class, my parents caught my advanced level math teacher making many mistakes. There was drinking, drug use, and many pregnancy rumors about SIXTH GRADERS. I left after two months to be homeschooled and am now trying to transfer schools.

Posted July 22, 2010
hi i am currently a student at neelsville and i love it but there is some fights and flaws at the school but the principal handles it. Overall the school is great!

Posted May 26, 2010
Strict and effective Principal. Teachers are just amazing. Parent involvement will be given low scores. While parents will participate in fund raisers and such, they are not there in significant numbers for school volunteering. The PTSA has grown from 0 to around 60 in the last 2 years and that's a good sign.

Neelsville Middle School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
I'm a student attending Neelsville, and currently in the 6th grade. I will admit the school has some flaws, but nothing is perfect. Overall, the teachers are very helpful, but at the same time strict. The principal is very tough, yet she cares about the students and the staff. I have a lot of great friends that go to this school, and have met many others. I'm looking forward to my next 2 years at this school.

Posted January 25, 2010
I am a parent of a current (caucasion) 8th grader, who is a honors student after coming into this school from private school in 7th grade. He has received better instruction here, more help offered and genuine caring than at the private school. My husband and I have a great relationship with the principal and every single one of his teachers, because we make it clear to them that they can contact us anytime! We make ourselves available and back them 100%. Edline is always updated and emails answered usually within hours. The principal may not be the lovey dovey type personality, she's tough and she cares about every single one of her students. The poor reviewers...those people are more than likely not involved at all and are relying solely on the school to do everything for them. Schools these days just can't do that nor should they have to.

Neelsville Middle School 1

Posted August 08, 2009

Posted May 15, 2009

Neelsville Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2009

Neelsville Middle School
11700 Neelsville Church Rd, Germantown, MD  20876
Last modified Neelsville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neelsville Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top