Germantown, MD

Posted October 11, 2013
My son got transfered to Cedar Grove in the middle of the year last year (K). So far I am happy with teachers and the program. The school has too many students (doubled since last year) and suffering with organizational problems, but they are doing their best.

Posted August 15, 2013
I like this school because the staff and teachers are so nice! But sometimes when you need above grade level curriculum the teachers won't give you it until the next year's math placement test. This happened to me. I don't know if it happened to you guys. And besides my 4th grade teacher thought I didn't know what I was saying when I used high frequency vocab. But I really did. Overall, school is awesome :) -Submitted by Student(Who is now in Middle School)

Posted March 12, 2013
It's a good school. My son has done well in the two years he's been here. I've noticed though some kids get preferential treatment from teachers. My son has also complained Crain kids don't get reprimanded when they do wrong but others do.

Posted November 29, 2011
I have two kids going to the school from 3 years. Cedar Grove is a great school with a very good teachers and pricipal.My kids love the school so much I didn't place them in gifted and talented school as they are challenged here and made great progress. We started loving their old building:)

Posted June 30, 2011
my daughter has been here for 2 years, and we are very happy with all the teachers and programs they have to offer. she is an advanced student and they are still able to challenge her while she is having fun. for example, she was already doing multiplication and division in the advanced 1st grade math. the building itself may be old, but the staff is wonderful, and the program excellent.

Posted June 08, 2011
The principal truly cares about the students and the teachers are very professional. So far, after K & 1st we love the school.

Posted July 20, 2010
My daughter was in kindergarten and I am impressed with what she learned. She brought home graphs. There are plenty of adults who can't graph. Teachers are responsive and do care about the children.

Posted August 21, 2008
Cedar Grove is a fantastic school to send your children to. The 'community' feel is strong--lots of parent involvement, good communication between school and home, and opportunities to volunteer abound. Teachers are above average and truly seem invested in the success of their students, and Cedar Grove is a safe environment. I could not be happier to have my kids here!

Posted October 24, 2003
My daughter is in Ms. Cumberleges' class (kindergarten). She loves it, and I am very please with the teacher and the curriculum! The school is very clean, organized, and great staff.

Cedar Grove Elementary School
24001 Ridge Rd, Germantown, MD  20876
Last modified Cedar Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top